ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

New Fender Guitar Project
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bluesngrunge
.
.


Joined: 26 Apr 2013
Posts: 331
Location: West Monroe,La

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: New Fender Guitar Project Reply with quote

Around next January I'm gonna start building a guitar that I designed by mixing and matching shapes and styles from other fender guitars. I'm going to be getting a body blank from Warmoth, but I'v never done woodwork before, so I'm going to have to find somebody to shape the body for me.(The blank comes with pickup routs and a neck pocket)
I also need a custom pickguard cut.


Here's the plan
_________________
SKC Willie wrote:
And obviously, I was much more interested in the dildos.

teabag!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bluesngrunge
.
.


Joined: 26 Apr 2013
Posts: 331
Location: West Monroe,La

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And sorry if you can't read the picture. It's was really rushed Sad
_________________
SKC Willie wrote:
And obviously, I was much more interested in the dildos.

teabag!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
daftsupernova
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 2420
Location: bottom of in a hell

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? The handwriting, colored pencil, and lined paper kinda tip me off, that's it. I think this is a really interesting concept, I've thought of something similar before. Is it going to be a normal Strat body, or are you making a custom shape body similar to a Strat?
_________________
Doog wrote:
Tone is stored in the balls

theshadowofseattle wrote:
That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daftsupernova
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 2420
Location: bottom of in a hell

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I would recommend PMing cooterfinger about making you a custom body and pickguard, he does a lot of project bodies and guards for others around here. Welcome to Shortscale!
_________________
Doog wrote:
Tone is stored in the balls

theshadowofseattle wrote:
That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluesngrunge
.
.


Joined: 26 Apr 2013
Posts: 331
Location: West Monroe,La

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daftsupernova wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how old are you? The handwriting, colored pencil, and lined paper kinda tip me off, that's it. I think this is a really interesting concept, I've thought of something similar before. Is it going to be a normal Strat body, or are you making a custom shape body similar to a Strat?
I'm 15. Also, The upper horn is going to be similar to the fender performer's, but less extreme,and the lower horn is going to be like a mustang's only slimmer. It'll also have an offset waist and a jag style butt.
_________________
SKC Willie wrote:
And obviously, I was much more interested in the dildos.

teabag!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
daftsupernova
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 2420
Location: bottom of in a hell

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesngrunge wrote:
daftsupernova wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how old are you? The handwriting, colored pencil, and lined paper kinda tip me off, that's it. I think this is a really interesting concept, I've thought of something similar before. Is it going to be a normal Strat body, or are you making a custom shape body similar to a Strat?
I'm 15. Also, The upper horn is going to be similar to the fender performer's, but less extreme,and the lower horn is going to be like a mustang's only slimmer. It'll also have an offset waist and a jag style butt.


Ah, 15, okay. I just thought it was funny, because I did something like this when I was 15 (two years ago) but with a Vintage Modified Jaguar.

Anyway, so the upper horn is going to look like a smoothed out Performer, lower horn looking like a slimmer Mustang horn, offset waist, and huge ass.

I'm trying to imagine this. I'll be back. Maybe Punkacc9 can help out, he's a photoshop wiz with making new guitar designs.
_________________
Doog wrote:
Tone is stored in the balls

theshadowofseattle wrote:
That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daftsupernova
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 2420
Location: bottom of in a hell

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this is probably not at all how you imagined it, but I did the best I could do to make a silhouette of how I imagine it might look like, possibly. My photoshop skills are not the best, but I did what I could. Again, Punkacc9 could help you out better than I could.

As you can probably see, I took the upper horn of the Performer and rounded off the outside edge to make it seem less extreme, I took the Mustang's lower horn and deepened the cutaway a bit, and finally I added the Jaguar butt to make up the lower half of the guitar.

EDIT: It looks a bit like a Jazz Bass with altered horns, doesn't it?


_________________
Doog wrote:
Tone is stored in the balls

theshadowofseattle wrote:
That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluesngrunge
.
.


Joined: 26 Apr 2013
Posts: 331
Location: West Monroe,La

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daftsupernova wrote:
Okay, this is probably not at all how you imagined it, but I did the best I could do to make a silhouette of how I imagine it might look like, possibly. My photoshop skills are not the best, but I did what I could. Again, Punkacc9 could help you out better than I could.

As you can probably see, I took the upper horn of the Performer and rounded off the outside edge to make it seem less extreme, I took the Mustang's lower horn and deepened the cutaway a bit, and finally I added the Jaguar butt to make up the lower half of the guitar.

EDIT: It looks a bit like a Jazz Bass with altered horns, doesn't it?

Thanks! That looks exactly like what I was going for. Well, maybe a little less pointed on the top of the performer horn.
And,yeah, it does. lol
_________________
SKC Willie wrote:
And obviously, I was much more interested in the dildos.

teabag!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
daftsupernova
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 2420
Location: bottom of in a hell

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this?


_________________
Doog wrote:
Tone is stored in the balls

theshadowofseattle wrote:
That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluesngrunge
.
.


Joined: 26 Apr 2013
Posts: 331
Location: West Monroe,La

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daftsupernova wrote:
How is this?

Sweet! Thanks alot man.
_________________
SKC Willie wrote:
And obviously, I was much more interested in the dildos.

teabag!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
George
.
.


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 20162
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id get a body blank from a local lumber yard

will be way cheaper

also, yeah cooterfinger is your man for building a body, and will no doubt be able to collaborate with you to realise your ideas
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluesngrunge
.
.


Joined: 26 Apr 2013
Posts: 331
Location: West Monroe,La

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working on getting everything together. Like I said, I'm not planning on starting until January. So i'll wait a while before I talk to cooterfinger.


Here's the finished out line


and the decal
Specs: Jazzmaster one piece maple neck, toronado bridge, ash body,1 meg pots, seafoam green finish with mop pickguard.
Pickups; Neck: jag in mustang cover
Mid: strat in mustang cover
Bridge: duo sonic
(All Seymour Duncan antiquitys)
_________________
SKC Willie wrote:
And obviously, I was much more interested in the dildos.

teabag!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
cur
.
.


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 7290

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people keep putting Fender on their home built, non-Fender guitars? I don't get it.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluesngrunge
.
.


Joined: 26 Apr 2013
Posts: 331
Location: West Monroe,La

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cur wrote:
Why do people keep putting Fender on their home built, non-Fender guitars? I don't get it.
It looks better and more authentic. That bare headstock just looks weird.
_________________
SKC Willie wrote:
And obviously, I was much more interested in the dildos.

teabag!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
daftsupernova
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 2420
Location: bottom of in a hell

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesngrunge wrote:
Specs: Jazzmaster one piece maple neck, toronado bridge, ash body,1 meg pots, seafoam green finish with mop pickguard.
Pickups; Neck: jag in mustang cover
Mid: strat in mustang cover
Bridge: duo sonic
(All Seymour Duncan antiquitys)


Not to shit on your parade, but you are aware that Jag, Strat, and Duo Sonic pickups are essentially all the same? The only difference between them being that Jaguar pickups have a metal claw, Strat pickups have a little triangular base, and Duo Sonic pickups are Mustang pickups are Strat pickups with flat poles. Especially with a 25.5 scale, you're just going to end up with a wonky looking Stratocaster.

I think you are better off with a matched set of pickups from GFS. They cost less and sound just as good. They even have Jazzmaster and lipstick pickups, if you want something different.

bluesngrunge wrote:
cur wrote:
Why do people keep putting Fender on their home built, non-Fender guitars? I don't get it.
It looks better and more authentic. That bare headstock just looks weird.


Then make your own decal, don't put Fender on it.
_________________
Doog wrote:
Tone is stored in the balls

theshadowofseattle wrote:
That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh


Joined: 04 Apr 2009
Posts: 16657
Location: KCMO

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's your guitar, put whatever fucking sticker you want on it. just don't EVER sell it as a fender, because it's still not.

i think it's kind of a cracked out design, but hey, that dude made that jagstang and was in love with it. knock it out, and then try another one when you get comfortable with all them toolz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doog
can i get uhhh


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 19236
Location: London

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft #3


_________________
musics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daftsupernova
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 2420
Location: bottom of in a hell

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doog wrote:
Draft #3

Hidden: 


lol
_________________
Doog wrote:
Tone is stored in the balls

theshadowofseattle wrote:
That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cur
.
.


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 7290

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't get why Fender? I can see putting something up there, but what does it have to do with fender? Other people do this I am just not sure why.

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chris Fleming
.
.


Joined: 08 May 2013
Posts: 507
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, new here. Thought I'd have a go on the general body shape.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 602551 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!