ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

MIK '89 Squier Bullet S3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: MIK '89 Squier Bullet S3 Reply with quote

I bought an '89 Squier Bullet S3 and the trem arm is missing. I have a bunch of trem arms in the parts box that I've always assumed were Squier. All of them are too small to thread into the trem block. Is there more than one size of trem arms for Squiers? Are the Fender Strat trem arms slightly bigger than the Squier?

This one has a two point trem with a full size trem block.

Last edited by cooter on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
serfx
ss.o bastard son

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unknown

i've a few random trem arms myself, either from squier bullets, or jagmasters..
or picked up somewhere along the way..
all i know is that whenever i go to use one, none of them end up fitting in whatever guitar i've grabbed..
and i no longer have the guitars they came with...

i could pack them up and mail em to ya, keep what works, and either send back or pass on the others?

i've got a letter envelope somewhere, shouldn't be more then $10 to mail it out (if sending the bronco arm was any hint on pricing.. it was $8 letter mail, or $16 small packet w/ tracking.. opted for letter mail)
Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post a better picture of the trem if you can. USA and MIJ Strats at that time had press-in trem arms IIRC, aside from vintage reissues. I believe all Korean-made Strat trems (meaning late-80s to late-90s Squier) use the same arm, but I also believe that happens to be a different thread than modern Chinese, Indonesian and even Japanese Strats. I say this because I have a partscaster that has a trem from a Squier Pro Tone (also Korean made), and none of my trem arms (from various countries) fit it. I might do some more research on this later as I too would like to find a trem arm that fits.
cooter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim_Nowhere wrote:
unknown

i've a few random trem arms myself, either from squier bullets, or jagmasters..
or picked up somewhere along the way..
all i know is that whenever i go to use one, none of them end up fitting in whatever guitar i've grabbed..
and i no longer have the guitars they came with...

i could pack them up and mail em to ya, keep what works, and either send back or pass on the others?

i've got a letter envelope somewhere, shouldn't be more then $10 to mail it out (if sending the bronco arm was any hint on pricing.. it was $8 letter mail, or $16 small packet w/ tracking.. opted for letter mail)

Thanks Jim but I need to buy a couple of other small parts as well so I'll just order one once I get it figured out. I really appreciate the offer though.

Dillon wrote:
Post a better picture of the trem if you can. USA and MIJ Strats at that time had press-in trem arms IIRC, aside from vintage reissues. I believe all Korean-made Strat trems (meaning late-80s to late-90s Squier) use the same arm, but I also believe that happens to be a different thread than modern Chinese, Indonesian and even Japanese Strats. I say this because I have a partscaster that has a trem from a Squier Pro Tone (also Korean made), and none of my trem arms (from various countries) fit it. I might do some more research on this later as I too would like to find a trem arm that fits.

This one is a '89 Korean made Bullet. It's actually really well made. Solid wood body, great neck and tuners, heavy trem block.
The trem arm does thread in on it.

cur

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be either 5mm, or on some squier's are 6mm. Should be able to figure it out at hardware store.

cooter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cur wrote:
Would be either 5mm, or on some squier's are 6mm. Should be able to figure it out at hardware store.

Yeah, once this snow is outta here I'll check it out.
cur

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are getting snowed under now. supposed to get bad and high winds and ice too. I went out this morning and purchased a big bag of water softener salt and did the intersection down to road and all of my walks and the neighbors stuff too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: