ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Fender Deluxe Reverb RI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singlepup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:32 am    Post subject: Fender Deluxe Reverb RI Reply with quote

Nothing too exciting, but I'm really pleased with this amp. I've borrowed them in the past and happy to have my own!

Incidentally there was a '78 Silverface on craigslist for just a few hundred more. Couldn't snap it up in time, but still got a really good deal on the RI. Even came with a free stand, which is super handy. Combos sound way better when they're off the floor.

I must also say that vintage amps I've had in the past gave me lots of trouble. This RI seems rock solid.

paul_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the contrary, plenty exciting to buy a DRRI. A friend/ex-bandmate just got one secondhand on my suggestion... we're now each others' favourite guitarbros.

I really like those stands too, never had one myself. If I gigged with a smaller amp I'd definitely buy one.

robertOG wrote:
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
sunshiner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got some tasty rig
Concretebadger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, blackface clean toanz that don't need two people to carry it around! They're cracking little amps - the stock speaker's a bit dark-sounding, but the reverb and tremolo are really nice. Plus there's that lovely spongey 'bounce' to the pick attack that (iirc) comes from the valve rectifier. Try daisy-chaining channel 1's output 2 into channel 2's output 1 with a patch cable and blending them together too - it can be fun.

I still miss mine sometimes.
71Smallbox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concretebadger wrote:
Try daisy-chaining channel 1's output 2 into channel 2's output 1 with a patch cable and blending them together too - it can be fun.

That won't sound good as the 2 channels are out of phase with each other.
paul_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that only really works to advantage on Fender amps that don't have trem or reverb, like the Bassman. And even then, it's still not as cool as when you do it on a Marshall.

robertOG wrote:
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRRI can sound so good when a good set of tubes are doing what they should.

On a not-unrelated note, probably the best amp I've ever played a few Fender style (well, Moollon S-Classic and T-Classic) through was at NAMM when our friend Marcus Wolf brought his vintage 1965 DR from home for use during the duration of the show a couple of years back. It broke up at a decent level with the sweetest overdrive, and proved to my ears that a very good 6V6 1x10 combo can sound beautifully massive when needed. Kinda messed up my impression of other combos in the process Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: