ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Is a Jaguar/LesPaul out of bounds for this site?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick
Y'SEE!?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you're off the mark at all on price. I would include some pics of the build process to show your handiwork in detail to help build confidence with prospective buyers, fortunately it looks like you've taken plenty of those.
jcyphe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

royb8s wrote:
Thanks Nick. I know that handbuilt stuff is all subjective, and only worth what someone is willing to pay. I know that I am not a known builder, and buying a guitar is a very personal thing. Personally, I would never buy one online, just because I would want to feel it and play it first, but that's just me. Would $1000, $1500, or $2000 be anywhere in range or am I just dreaming? I honestly don't have an idea.

Are you building it for profit and trying to start a business, or is this a hobby where you are looking to recoup some cost and maybe build the next one?

I think this is one of the problems with the guitar business. Some people want craftsmanship, quality materials and components, and new or original design but very few want to pay for it or can afford to pay for it.
sunshiner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a really well built guitar and it was obvious during the process that you care about the details. I think no one can really evaluate your guitar better than you yourself, so I'd say try to put any price that is in your opinion is appropriate and see how it'll work out. Nick's advice about adding pictures of the process is great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: