I'm a white Strat guy. Whenever I think of a black Strat it looks tacky, with dull paint, and a bright white scratch plate that's waiting to go grey. Eventually the whole thing looks ready for going to, or as if it's just been picked up from a Cash Converters.
Joined: 02 Nov 2012 Posts: 4389 Location: Around the corner
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:14 am Post subject:
1. Strat is one of the classiest and beautiful guitars ever made. Plus it is the most comfortable, compact and ergonomic guitar
2. Strat is the choice of those who CAN play and who play boring music. For this reason for the rest strat is not beautiful
3. Black is a dull color that is good for collecting fingerprints. Black guitars tend to be invisible or vague onstage
4. Sunburst is a great color for strat ( les paul, les paul junior, ES, melody maker, 50's duo sonic, jaguar, firebird, telecaster)
5. My strat is surf green. I can't play the guitar. I'm not crazy about it, but it is the most comfortable guitar that I've owned/played _________________
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 Posts: 4643 Location: Derbyshire
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:44 am Post subject:
i'm slightly biased towards sunburst these days. i used to hate sunburst guitars in general, but kinda my thing now. especially if they've faded a little bit over time. i'd love a maple necked black strat for the faux-gilmour moments in life. _________________ Fingers or Pick?
2. Strat is the choice of those who CAN play and who play boring music. For this reason for the rest strat is not beautiful.
I think this is the main problem with the Strat, Clapton, Mayer and all the other gurning blooz dudes have left a dirty mark on the Strat that many (including me) can't get past, even though I could write a substantially long list of good (from my perspective) musicians how use them.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum