ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Decal sizes of Fender jaguar, anyone know the exact dimensio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamesoffset135

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Decal sizes of Fender jaguar, anyone know the exact dimensio Reply with quote

I have a great decal maker identical looking color and all atleast to the 65RI fender jaguar decal, but haven't gotten my 1965 Bronco 24 inch scale neck I'm going to do white binding, vintage frets, and 7.35 Bigger pearliod dot inlay exactly like the 65RIFender jaguar , I ought the loaded body off eBay from stratospher , the seller. But b4 I had a chance to buy the neck which was $680, some1 bought it so I'm making my own, found out the exact dot size, very experienced in binding necks, bodies block inly but truthfully never installed bigger dot inlay , but really how hard can it be if I can B&B a neck fret finish wet sand wtc one 2 weeks , 1 week if I worked morning till night if I didn't work,

But the decals I got from this eBay seller are beautiful and identical to the T as the 65 RI neck but seem a tiny large, the seller/maker swears he measures them and it's exact measurement

Can't tell yet with a headstock to lay it on to see if it's too big, my neck I ordered on eBay" original 65 bronco neck yet in the mail,huge headstock very thick , love it, and I'm sure these two for $10 jaguar decals I bought will look good on it but in case, I sent the same sellers pic of me measuring the "F" hieght of Fender, it's exactly an inch, so I ordered 2 more for $10 and he's making the same exact decals but I asked him to make it start at the "F" 3/4'sof an inch instead and all the rest proportion to the F 3/4 inch

I've read decals look the fakes T when they are too large

So I want another set a little smaller, just in case plus I don't like too big of a decal not looking original,

If anyone knows the exact measurements , hieght of the "F" in fender and length of a real fender jaguar decal up to the "R" in jaguar, I'd appreciate a response

Thanks
71Smallbox

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should post pics of your decals that you got. That could help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: