ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Reverb question... again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dezb1
The Oppressor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reverb question... again Reply with quote

Decided my Hof mini isn't for me as I like tweaking. Been considering the Boss rv6 as they make my favourite delay (DD3) thought I might try their reverb, and the Digitech supernatural as I like what I hear in the youtube demos but don't know how reliable Digitech stuff is... opinions please.
plaidbeer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an RV-6 and like it a lot. Like the RV-5, it does have a modulated setting, but it doesn't sound quite the same, but that's not a bad thing unless you have to have that particular sound. The spring in the RV-6 is better than the one I remember in the RV-5. All of the modes sound good really. And it has a delay + reverb setting as well. And even though I'm not fond of shimmery reverbs, this one sounds good with the tone knob rolled back. It's a very good, versatile reverb.

I have gotten into reverb a lot and also have this in the chain--the Caroline Meteore. You can get a wide range of reverbs on it, too. The havoc switch is a lot of fun:

Link
dezb1
The Oppressor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, nice to here from someone that uses it before I part with my cash.
dezb1
The Oppressor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to guitar guitar today tried out the rv6 and the supernatural and bought the supernatural the plate reverb alone was worth 90... very happy... no more TC tone beaming.
71Smallbox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dezb1 wrote:
Went to guitar guitar today tried out the rv6 and the supernatural and bought the supernatural the plate reverb alone was worth 90... very happy... no more TC tone beaming.

It's probably the same plate thats on the RV7 which I like alot. I also really like the plate on the old Boss RV-2, but they're different beasts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: