ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

BOSS OS-2 vs OD-2 and ground loop issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golden_Sonic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: BOSS OS-2 vs OD-2 and ground loop issues Reply with quote

Anyone tried these two OD? The OS2 was my first fx ever and I really liked it, the only problem was the awful background noise that was the reason I sold it. Now I'd like to take another BOSS OD just to change the sound with my Rat and Boss BD2 and I can't make up my mind between the OS2 and this discontinued OD2. The reason why I haven't bought the OS2 again is the ground loop issue that it caused. I was thinking: could this problem be simply solved modifing the value of some capacitors in the circuit? In this way, there would be a better filtering of the ground noise.
Anyway, I need to know your opinion on these two OD first of all. If there is anyone expert of pedal building and circuits in this forum, his/her advice to solve the ground issue is well accepted too.
NickS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you say it was a ground loop issue, I'm guessing you had a shared power supply and the problem went away if you ran it on battery?
Fakir Mustache

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an OD-2, it's pretty cool. Even with the Turbo engaged, it's doesn't give a huge amount of distortion and the level is pretty low, you have to turn the level up pretty high to get the same volume as with the pedal off.

Stacks well with other dirt pedals.

Don't know what else to add.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: