ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

22.5 / 22.7" necks: Two (maybe three) questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziggyzipgun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: 22.5 / 22.7" necks: Two (maybe three) questions Reply with quote

I saw the thread about the dimensions of the original gang-saw spacers. I understand that even if the same spacing was used to cut the fret slots, that doesn't mean the saw was positioned the same distance from the bottom end of the neck, so most things aren't interchangeable.

Has anyone determined how far you'd need to move the bridge on a Strat to fit a 22.5" Musicmaster / Duo-Sonic neck? Also, were they really 22.5" scale length, or were they the same as the 22.7" Duo-Sonics and Mini-Strats of the '90s?

Next question: is there anyone that actually makes custom necks? I mean custom width, custom scale length, custom fretboard extension to add a couple extra frets to a 22.5" Strat neck.
Fakir Mustache

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sticky, there's the dropbox .pdf in this thread, quit making a million threads on the same topic.

http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54426&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Sorry, but this is the second or third topic on this recently, besides the many other older ones.

I don't know about custom necks, but your chances are very slim.
ziggyzipgun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the many older threads that trailed off years ago without providing a definitive answer.

I've already found three sites that make custom scale length necks, so I'll go; I'd rather not contribute to your ad revenue.

Also, everyone needs to stop saying that shorter-scale lengths have lower string tension. You're using the wrong strings, and they probably don't sell the ones you need in a pre-packaged set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: