Joined: 30 Aug 2011 Posts: 6030 Location: Strung up to the lemons
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:32 pm Post subject:
The polyphonic SYNTH9 Synthesizer Machine transforms your guitar or bass with 9 presets that were precisely tuned to emulate the most sought after, vintage synthesizer sounds ever! From searing lead synths to spacey synth pads and deep, funky, synth bass grooves, itís all accessible.
The SYNTH9 is also super easy to use with DRY volume, SYNTH volume, CTRL1 and CTRL2 knobs that provide precise control over each presetís parameters.
If you dig the kind of classic synth sounds made famous on recordings by groups like ELP, EVH, Kraftwerk, Joy Division, P-Funk, Peter Gabriel and more, we think youíll love the SYNTH9.
TIPS ON GETTING OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE FROM THE SYNTH9
1. The SYNTH9 is generally best used as the first pedal in an effects chain. Place modulation, delay, and reverb effects after the SYNTH9. The unit will not perform well if placed in the effects loop of a guitar amp.
2. For optimal playability, set the guitarís pickup selector to the bridge pickup and turn the volume knob all the way up (ď10Ē).
3. Avoid placing a distortion or overdrive in front of the SYNTH9, which could muddy up the input signal and cause the tracking to be unstable. If you want to add overdrive or distortion, place it after the SYNTH9.
4. The SYNTH9 has a built in compressor that is active on the synth sounds at all times. We recommend you do not insert another compressor into your signal chain while the SYNTH9 is in effect mode.
- Transforms the tone of your guitar or bass into that of a vintage synthesizer
- 9 presets that were created to emulate many of the most popular synthesizer sounds ever
- Works on guitar or bass without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation
- The SYNTH9ís usable tracking range extends up to about the 23rd fret on the high-E string of a standard guitar and down to the open A-string on a bass guitar
- Use the SYNTH9 with a B9 or C9 Organ Machine as well as the KEY9 Electric Piano Machine and MEL9 Tape Replay Machine to create your own mega-keyboard setup
- EHX 9.6DC-200 PSU included
- Dimensions in inches: 2.75 (w) x 4.5 (l) x 2.1 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 70 (w) x 115 (l) x 54 (h)
Sounds shite and too-guitary with the attack up, like quite a few EHX ___9 pedals' settings, but by that same token it's surely tailor-able to something nicer than what you heard in this vid. I've found great and authentic-sounding uses for the Mel9 but when you just slap your Fender bridge pickup into it with everything on ten and a bit of verge-of-breakup preamp drive to do an Strawberry Fields flute intro, yeah, not that impressive.
Having said that, this same dude made way more effective promos for the other 9s, which isn't the most encouraging sign. _________________
which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang?
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum