ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiWiki   ShortScale RadioRadio  ShortScale WikiBuilder

SIB! Echodrive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: SIB! Echodrive Reply with quote

Want. Can't afford. What will get me close? <£200

Link

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the DOD Rubberneck (coming out some time in 2017!) has a lot of that functionality and some other cool stuff going for it. £209. I've got one pre-ordered.

As far as the quality of the delay sound itself, I have a Maxon AD900 which I found used for around £125, which I'd really recommend but it's a basic 3 knob job. But even things like the MXR Carbon Copy is a nice sounding analogue delay to have used under £100.
Noirie.
YOUTH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a Carbon Copy secondhand for £90. Will post some sound clips.

Back to fags, pints of Carling and filling people in at the weekends. Love it Cool
Doog
Felted gremlin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want one of the PLUS models, mainly due to the form factor though, and dat Slam button

Link
Fakir Mustache

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doog wrote:
I still want one of the PLUS models, mainly due to the form factor though, and dat Slam button

Link

I've wanted one of those for a long time, although I have mixed feelings about the slam. It's kind of cool it slams the feedback and makes the delay time very short, but it would have been cooler if you could vary the delay time for the slam with an extra pot, or at least have an extra switch so you can keep the delay time that's already set and just slam the feedback.
Corsair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Mr. Echo plus seems pretty neat with its slam button.

I had the pleasure and fun to play around with one of these for a month.

Link

This thing has a lot of capabilities, especially with an expression pedal and tab button. I would go into detail but the video pretty much explains everything.
I'd highly recommend this delay/reverb pedal to anyone. Tons of sonic landscapes to be made.
The swell mode was my favorite to mess with. If there was a pedal just with just that swell mode along with delay or reverb, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Although I did love it and created some songs specifically with this pedal, I choose not to keep it. Partially due to the fact, that it came with the 9v wires not soldered into the circuit and had to manually insert them in order for the pedal to work. Was a bit disappointed in EQD since they claim to handmake every pedal. But mostly because I already have 2 delay pedals and 2 reverb pedals. Boss-D3 and Boss DD-20 Giga delay; EQD Afterneath and Strymon Bluesky.

I've heard great things about the MXR carbon copy as well and that's way cheaper.
Also heard good things about this. Empress tape delay

Bertram Rose
Corsair

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

Here's a demo of me using the swell delay effect to give you a better idea of how it sounds. I really liked that weird like distant train noise sound it has to it. If you ever listened to Godspeed You! Black emperor, it sounds like something you might hear on their songs.
Besides the swell, the reverse is cool. Only downsides were you really needed an expression pedal to tinker with its expression knob which I did use but it felt too complicated. So many options and things affected one another.
I like haveing multiple abilities but there is a level where it just becomes overwhelming and I kinda felt that way with this pedal. I just wanted that swell effect and delay lol.

Bertram Rose
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: