ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiWiki   ShortScale RadioRadio  ShortScale WikiBuilder

Two new Boss xx-500 pedals (modulation and reverb)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Concretebadger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Two new Boss xx-500 pedals (modulation and reverb) Reply with quote

I can't say I'm surprised that they've brought these out, what with the DD-500 being a really nice bit of kit and the pretty obvious need to go at Strymon head-on. They look pretty much like Boss' take on the Mobius and Bigsky, or perhaps Eventide's Modfactor or Space. Took 'em long enough though. Cool

The modulation one (MD-500) looks pretty tempting, and might be more useful because you can (I think?) combine two separate effects in one patch. The one thing that frustrates me with multi-effect type boxes is the huge range of sounds but only being able to use one at any one time.

The same goes for the reverb version (RV-500), which also sounds awesome, at least on paper. The deal maker/breaker for me personally would be whether the modulation feature can match the RV-5's, in which case I'd seriously consider it.

I can't recall seeing a thread about these two on here, but as un-exciting as Boss stuff is, I always find their stuff to be solid and dependable. Thoughts?
NickS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the videos on utube a few days ago though I can't remember how I got there. They look well-built pieces of kit but I haven't a clue on price - I'm guessing around 200?
BearBoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

339 at Andertons.

ekwatts wrote:
I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
NickS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Cross them off my Christmas list then..
Mike
I like EL34s

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#brexit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: