ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Billy Corgan Selling Guitar Collection on Reverb

View previous topic :: View next topic  
George

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Billy Corgan Selling Guitar Collection on Reverb Reply with quote

https://reverb.com/shop/the-official-billy-corgan-reverb-shop

High markups but some interesting pieces.
BearBoy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$30k for an Alesis SR-16? Lol.

Assume they're not actually expecting anyone to pay anything like that but are just inviting offers?

ekwatts wrote:
I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
jcyphe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the pedals?
Fakir Mustache

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every guitar I clicked on was sold, o.k., I only clicked on the RD and 2 hardtail strats. Curious if they really sold or he just took them off the site.
paul_

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't expect to see any gear I recognized on there but there's a few

Link

Link

robertOG wrote:
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
jcyphe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pumpkins once did an in-store in Miami in the early 90's. They end up doing a trivia contest and this super fan wins. Billy Corgan doesn't care about the contest or kid who won and ends up giving the prize to some cute girl in attendance. James Iha looks at this like woah that's so fucked up and gives the kid one of his Boss pedals right off his board.

Trew Story
dezb1
The Oppressor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siamese dream is a classic everything else... not so much.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the guy is an asshole and probably always was, but there was some incredible music in there and he remains one of my music heroes despite being a prick.

It's a weird thing, trying to separate art from the individual. I suppose art is often intended to (or is interpreted as an attempt to) transcend the individual, but somehow despite loving the bulk of Corgan's output (even a lot of the iffy stuff) I still can't manage to like Wagner.
Y'SEE!?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very into the Pumpkins from the time they broke up until the time they got back together.
Fakir Mustache

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dezb1 wrote:
Siamese dream is a classic everything else... not so much.

You don't like Gish? Surprised
Hidden: 
NickD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fakir Mustache wrote:
Every guitar I clicked on was sold, o.k., I only clicked on the RD and 2 hardtail strats. Curious if they really sold or he just took them off the site.

They've been for sale for a while, a month or so, it wouldn't be surprising if they've sold already.

Siamese Dream was a classic, Gish ok, not bothered about the rest, and Billy Corgan anecdotally seems like he's a complete arsehole.
George

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcyphe wrote:
Pumpkins once did an in-store in Miami in the early 90's. They end up doing a trivia contest and this super fan wins. Billy Corgan doesn't care about the contest or kid who won and ends up giving the prize to some cute girl in attendance. James Iha looks at this like woah that's so fucked up and gives the kid one of his Boss pedals right off his board.

Trew Story

Great story. Wow.

Bacchus wrote:
Like the guy is an asshole and probably always was, but there was some incredible music in there and he remains one of my music heroes despite being a prick.

It's a weird thing, trying to separate art from the individual. I suppose art is often intended to (or is interpreted as an attempt to) transcend the individual, but somehow despite loving the bulk of Corgan's output (even a lot of the iffy stuff) I still can't manage to like Wagner.

I can pretty much never wholly separate the two. And if someone's a dickhead as well as a great charismatic artist it often makes me like them even more. Corgan doesn't have the right combination, though. Seems vindictive and unprincipled.
NickD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacchus wrote:

Very true - also applies to pretty much any 70's rock band - they made some pretty sketchy decisions regarding groupies.

I'd say I prefer Wagner to the Smashing Pumpkins TBH. His art has suffered more by association to others, although his own views weren't exactly great. Wagner and me by Stephen Fry is worth a watch if you haven't seen it - dealing with exactly what we are talking about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: