ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

NGD: Squier Bullet Mustang Imperial Blue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingkiller

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: NGD: Squier Bullet Mustang Imperial Blue Reply with quote

I really didn’t need another guitar but Saturday is my birthday and I don’t own a shortscale.
As robroe put it in the Alstang thread (I think) the neck is definitely “white as fuck” but I don’t mind it. The blue matches my Tele, all it needs is a black-white-black pickguard and an eventual pickup swap and it’ll be perfect.
Concretebadger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're great guitars for the money. The pickups aren't great, but I'd recommend swapping the pots for 500k before you try anything else. I'm still gonna upgrade mine to a pair of Seymour Duncans (with a coil split toggle hopefully), but changing the pots from the 250k stock helps retain some of the top end and makes it much more usable.

Other than that, there's not much I don't like about it. A perfect beginner's instrument, or "second" backup.
kingkiller

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concretebadger wrote:
They're great guitars for the money. The pickups aren't great, but I'd recommend swapping the pots for 500k before you try anything else. I'm still gonna upgrade mine to a pair of Seymour Duncans (with a coil split toggle hopefully), but changing the pots from the 250k stock helps retain some of the top end and makes it much more usable.

Other than that, there's not much I don't like about it. A perfect beginner's instrument, or "second" backup.

My rationale was “I don’t have a shortscale, it’s cheap, and I can beat the ever-loving shit out of it without having to worry”. I played it for about 30 minutes in the store, and I didn’t hate the sound. Definitely sounds like cheap ceramic magnets, but then again that’s what I expected
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: