ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiWiki   ShortScale RadioRadio  ShortScale WikiBuilder

An itty bitty Blackstar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkt3000

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: An itty bitty Blackstar Reply with quote

This is a continuation of my NGD Parts Jag Thread.

So, after buying strings and some tools locally, I gave it a proper setup, and realized how nicely it played. However, I had yet to hear it through a decent amp - the only time I heard it play was through a crappy first act amp they had at the pawn shop. And since I wasn't heading home for a few more days, I decided to challenge myself to fix that issue.

I started going through the local listings in the various for sale sites (craigslist, offerup, FB marketplace, etc). I found a few u things I found interesting, and one I regret not getting (Marshall Lead 12 combo for $40), but nothing. I posted on FB musicians group and a friend reached out with a lead. "One of the local music stores has a used Blackstar HT1R for $140". I've never owned or even played through a Blackstar amp, so I googled it, and became immediately interested. I showed up, and did haggle a bit, The manager came to the agreement that if I bought something else - anything - I could have it for $100. So I bought a cable that I was gonna need anyway and some pics.

Anyway, holy crap this is an awesome little amp! And finally, I get to hear the guitar, which sounds awesome! Such a good little setup.

And because the amp is so small, rather than travel with a headphone amp (like normal people do), I can stuff it in a carry on bag and take it on business trips with a guitar. I'm stoked.

Finally: a pic!

Nick
Y'SEE!?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave that guitar as is, the front looks lovely and who gaf about the back?

Good score on the amp too!
mkt3000

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
Leave that guitar as is, the front looks lovely and who gaf about the back?

The front is starting to grow on me... but I can't stand the back. Maybe I'll put a giant sticker over it, or I'll just spray whatever spray paint I've got at home over the back.

Nick wrote:
Good score on the amp too!

That amp is a surprising little bastard. All I need is a cheap looper, cheap delay, and a cheap OD pedal and I've got a perfect business travel rig... because I can't stand headphone amps.
sunshiner

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do an demo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: