ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Fender American Original Jazzmaster Sherwood Green

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BearBoy
.
.


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5114
Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Fender American Original Jazzmaster Sherwood Green Reply with quote

Chicago Music Exchange exclusive. Shame, I'd love one of these:



LANK
_________________
Fran wrote:
I love how this place is basic as fuck.

ekwatts wrote:
I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fran
The Curmudgeon


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 20908
Location: Nottingham, Englandshire.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£1,613.57. Bargain. I might get a back up as well at that price.

Who exactly are these meant to appeal to?
_________________
dezb1 wrote:
Stop fucking about and get an SD-1

robroe wrote:
I got a stomach ache. Anyone got any heroin? Or like a gun or something?

brandonwinmill wrote:
Maybe i'll sell my internet. It's lost its fun since i already beat it twice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BearBoy
.
.


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5114
Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s pretty much how much a US made offset will cost you now. Guitar prices have shot up (in UK prices at least) over the last few years.

The JM Jaguars are now about £500 more than I paid for mine four years ago.
_________________
Fran wrote:
I love how this place is basic as fuck.

ekwatts wrote:
I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lorez
.
.


Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 8692
Location: Hopelessly Wayward

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BearBoy wrote:
That’s pretty much how much a US made offset will cost you now. Guitar prices have shot up (in UK prices at least) over the last few years.

The JM Jaguars are now about £500 more than I paid for mine four years ago.


Dare I say that the £ & $ exchange has swung in such a way over the last few years that you could blame brexit for most of that £500 rise.
_________________
benecol wrote:
Ah, the heady days of trying to get beefytoanz out of my Marlin strat by adjusting the pickups right up to the strings.

dots wrote:
This forum's format is my vinyl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GreenKnee
.
.


Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 573
Location: Sheffield, England

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BearBoy wrote:
That’s pretty much how much a US made offset will cost you now. Guitar prices have shot up (in UK prices at least) over the last few years.

The JM Jaguars are now about £500 more than I paid for mine four years ago.


I was looking for a J Mascis just the other day, I cannot believe they are priced at £430 new! I've a '87 MIJ Jazzmaster that cost me £400 only a few years back, it's insane!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BearBoy
.
.


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 5114
Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorez wrote:
BearBoy wrote:
That’s pretty much how much a US made offset will cost you now. Guitar prices have shot up (in UK prices at least) over the last few years.

The JM Jaguars are now about £500 more than I paid for mine four years ago.


Dare I say that the £ & $ exchange has swung in such a way over the last few years that you could blame brexit for most of that £500 rise.


Ha, Yeah, well, I was avoiding using the B word as I know I have a tendency to blame pretty much anything and everything on it Laughing

But, yeah, you're probably right.
_________________
Fran wrote:
I love how this place is basic as fuck.

ekwatts wrote:
I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fran
The Curmudgeon


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 20908
Location: Nottingham, Englandshire.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BearBoy wrote:
That’s pretty much how much a US made offset will cost you now. Guitar prices have shot up (in UK prices at least) over the last few years.

The JM Jaguars are now about £500 more than I paid for mine four years ago.


It's hilarious, they aren't worth half of that amount and we all know it.

They will just lose customers in a market that is already naturally in decline.

Fender - the new Gibson.
_________________
dezb1 wrote:
Stop fucking about and get an SD-1

robroe wrote:
I got a stomach ache. Anyone got any heroin? Or like a gun or something?

brandonwinmill wrote:
Maybe i'll sell my internet. It's lost its fun since i already beat it twice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dezb1
The Oppressor


Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 7272
Location: glasgow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fran wrote:
£1,613.57. Bargain. I might get a back up as well at that price.

Who exactly are these meant to appeal to?



Shoegaze lawyers.
_________________
Extreme distortion used discreetly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fran
The Curmudgeon


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 20908
Location: Nottingham, Englandshire.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dezb1 wrote:
Fran wrote:
£1,613.57. Bargain. I might get a back up as well at that price.

Who exactly are these meant to appeal to?



Shoegaze lawyers.


About right.

A design that was almost dead and buried was made popular again by poor musicians but now they can't afford one because Fender are cunts.

Just like Gibson and they got everything they deserved.
_________________
dezb1 wrote:
Stop fucking about and get an SD-1

robroe wrote:
I got a stomach ache. Anyone got any heroin? Or like a gun or something?

brandonwinmill wrote:
Maybe i'll sell my internet. It's lost its fun since i already beat it twice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Golden_Sonic
.
.


Joined: 28 Mar 2013
Posts: 242
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenKnee wrote:
BearBoy wrote:
That’s pretty much how much a US made offset will cost you now. Guitar prices have shot up (in UK prices at least) over the last few years.

The JM Jaguars are now about £500 more than I paid for mine four years ago.


I was looking for a J Mascis just the other day, I cannot believe they are priced at £430 new! I've a '87 MIJ Jazzmaster that cost me £400 only a few years back, it's insane!


Prices have risen everywhere: you have to pay around €400-450 for a Squier VM Jazzmaster/Jaguar and 500-550 for a J Mascis here in Italy. I remember the street-price for a Squier VM was around €250-300 back in 2009-2010 when I started playing.
_________________
-Guitar: Squier VM Mustang, Squier CV '50 Duo Sonic;
-Amplifier: Hughes&Kettner Blue Edition 60;
-FXs: Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95 Wah, Boss BD-2 Blues Drive, Proco RAT, Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo, EH Small Clone, MUZA FD900, Bespeco Volume pedal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dezb1
The Oppressor


Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 7272
Location: glasgow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to be swings and roundabouts... I remember the 80s when Jazzmasters and Gretsches were were cheap and what the cool 'fringe' bands could afford when all the popular bands had Jackson and Ibanez shredders. Then in the 90s the shredders were cheap because teh Kurtz. But now there is no real counter culture in guitar music (or life in general) and every thing is marketed like a big homogenized in-demand commodity.
_________________
Extreme distortion used discreetly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sunshiner
.
.


Joined: 02 Nov 2012
Posts: 3541
Location: Around the corner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^True
Also Fender was(still is) in a bad place a couple years ago and it raised prices on everything. Almost all Squiers grew in price, VM models started to cost as much as Classic Vibes had cost, and Classic Vibes now cost as much as Mexican models used to cost.

By the way, I think it's high time to buy used Classic Vibe strats as you can still find them rather cheap. In a couple of years they'll be going for ridiculous money too. One day when even your neighbour is a shoegazer playing a jag, everyone will be re-discovering strat.

While prices are going up, you need to admit that general quality of cheap guitars got better in last 15 years. They are as good as expensive ones minus setup, pickups, tuners, etc.
_________________
matte30is wrote:
Someone man up and get a balloon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fran
The Curmudgeon


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 20908
Location: Nottingham, Englandshire.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden_Sonic wrote:
GreenKnee wrote:
BearBoy wrote:
That’s pretty much how much a US made offset will cost you now. Guitar prices have shot up (in UK prices at least) over the last few years.

The JM Jaguars are now about £500 more than I paid for mine four years ago.


I was looking for a J Mascis just the other day, I cannot believe they are priced at £430 new! I've a '87 MIJ Jazzmaster that cost me £400 only a few years back, it's insane!


Prices have risen everywhere: you have to pay around €400-450 for a Squier VM Jazzmaster/Jaguar and 500-550 for a J Mascis here in Italy. I remember the street-price for a Squier VM was around €250-300 back in 2009-2010 when I started playing.

Yeah but we are British and like to blame everything on Brexiteers Laughing
_________________
dezb1 wrote:
Stop fucking about and get an SD-1

robroe wrote:
I got a stomach ache. Anyone got any heroin? Or like a gun or something?

brandonwinmill wrote:
Maybe i'll sell my internet. It's lost its fun since i already beat it twice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dezb1
The Oppressor


Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 7272
Location: glasgow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fran wrote:
Golden_Sonic wrote:
GreenKnee wrote:
BearBoy wrote:
That’s pretty much how much a US made offset will cost you now. Guitar prices have shot up (in UK prices at least) over the last few years.

The JM Jaguars are now about £500 more than I paid for mine four years ago.


I was looking for a J Mascis just the other day, I cannot believe they are priced at £430 new! I've a '87 MIJ Jazzmaster that cost me £400 only a few years back, it's insane!


Prices have risen everywhere: you have to pay around €400-450 for a Squier VM Jazzmaster/Jaguar and 500-550 for a J Mascis here in Italy. I remember the street-price for a Squier VM was around €250-300 back in 2009-2010 when I started playing.

Yeah but we are British and like to blame everything on Brexiteers Laughing


If the guitar case fits....
_________________
Extreme distortion used discreetly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stewart
Cunning Linguist


Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 17625
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dezb1 wrote:
Fran wrote:
Golden_Sonic wrote:
GreenKnee wrote:
BearBoy wrote:
That’s pretty much how much a US made offset will cost you now. Guitar prices have shot up (in UK prices at least) over the last few years.

The JM Jaguars are now about £500 more than I paid for mine four years ago.


I was looking for a J Mascis just the other day, I cannot believe they are priced at £430 new! I've a '87 MIJ Jazzmaster that cost me £400 only a few years back, it's insane!


Prices have risen everywhere: you have to pay around €400-450 for a Squier VM Jazzmaster/Jaguar and 500-550 for a J Mascis here in Italy. I remember the street-price for a Squier VM was around €250-300 back in 2009-2010 when I started playing.

Yeah but we are British and like to blame everything on Brexiteers Laughing


If the guitar case fits....


pretty sure i'll be using my guitars for firewood in a year's time once this particular dose of disaster capitalism gets into full swing
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lorez
.
.


Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 8692
Location: Hopelessly Wayward

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had my jazzmaster valued recently and was shocked to see that its worth about £1K less than a replica "master built" or customer shop version that is new and made now.
_________________
benecol wrote:
Ah, the heady days of trying to get beefytoanz out of my Marlin strat by adjusting the pickups right up to the strings.

dots wrote:
This forum's format is my vinyl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 606491 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!