ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

GASing very hard for a AS/AD toronado
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dots
BADmin


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 1013644
Location: on the move

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was never a fan of the ginormous pickguards on the base model toronados. jazzmasters have a more elegant shape to theirs that follows the contours of the body, but the rounded toronado shape doesn't suit that approach, imho. plus FUCK pizza tort, hate that shit.

sunshiner wrote:
dots wrote:
Link says it no longer exists when I click, but I do know the GT models are pretty sick... still, that color with the pickups are what I'm after. Plus, its Gibson scale (24.75") so pretty unique for a fender. Kick myself still every time I think about having sold mine...

If you can live without Toronado body shape and want 24.75 scale. You can order a Warmoth strat 24.75 conversion neck for around $250-270, throw it in a cheap strat and have a little rawker that you can upgrade with any pickups you want. There are various specs for their necks, I'd personally go with a 59 rounded profile, 6105 medium frets and their standard 10-16 compound fretboard radius. You can also look for used ones as they might be significantly cheaper, but at the same time their specs might be not suitable for your likings


yeah, totally doable, but for me it's about the entire package -- offset body, contours, neck, electronics, color, feature accents. i always found the toggle location much preferable to the jm location. always have had a love/hate relationship with jag controls, too: love the way they look and the tonal options, but the location is suspect.
_________________
33 by Saturday's Child available now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Thomas
.
.


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 3220
Location: Glasgow, UK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toronado

[img]https://imgur.com/gallery/JwRwjpi[/img]

Imugr doesn’t give me the proper posting options on my phone (COD it’s shit) but this is a Toro for sale locally, same colour only the HH version.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fran
The Curmudgeon


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 21238
Location: Nottingham, Englandshire.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EBay doesn't throw much up...

MIM Toronado
_________________
dezb1 wrote:
Stop fucking about and get an SD-1

robroe wrote:
I got a stomach ache. Anyone got any heroin? Or like a gun or something?

brandonwinmill wrote:
Maybe i'll sell my internet. It's lost its fun since i already beat it twice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doog
can i get uhhh


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 19705
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas wrote:
Toronado

[img]https://imgur.com/gallery/JwRwjpi[/img]

Imugr doesn’t give me the proper posting options on my phone (COD it’s shit) but this is a Toro for sale locally, same colour only the HH version.



_________________
musics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas
.
.


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 3220
Location: Glasgow, UK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Doogster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dots
BADmin


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 1013644
Location: on the move

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, guys


this one came up this morning, and it ticks most of the boxes (exception being the headstock which i can easily overlook). but $1,650 is a spicy meatball, so ima try and offer a little less and see how far i get...
_________________
33 by Saturday's Child available now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Nick
Y'SEE!?


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 8049
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ended....did you get it?

Happy birthday btw
_________________
https://hauntedcat.bandcamp.com/album/haunted-cat-3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dots
BADmin


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 1013644
Location: on the move

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that was fast, i should have asked for a deeper discount. i chopped off 10% and had him throw in shipping, so under $1.5k delivered w/ hsc. i had a little hesitation at first before i remembered how much the damn things have appreciated in 15+ years (roughly doubled). i don't see them going up that much over the next 10 years or so, but i doubt i wouldn't be able to cover my investment if i had to sell it either...
_________________
33 by Saturday's Child available now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
kingkiller
He is our only hope!


Joined: 02 Jun 2017
Posts: 831
Location: Dumbtown, Florida

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dots wrote:
yeah, that was fast, i should have asked for a deeper discount. i chopped off 10% and had him throw in shipping, so under $1.5k delivered w/ hsc. i had a little hesitation at first before i remembered how much the damn things have appreciated in 15+ years (roughly doubled). i don't see them going up that much over the next 10 years or so, but i doubt i wouldn't be able to cover my investment if i had to sell it either...

NGD Thrad incoming?
_________________
Al_ wrote:
I prefer to squeeze balls.


robroe wrote:
BRAINSTEW IS THE BOSTON SONG WITH DIFFERENT LYRICS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshiner
.
.


Joined: 02 Nov 2012
Posts: 3943
Location: Around the corner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting yourself nice presents that you really want and can afford is a great thing. Standard Toronados are offered for not less than a grand, with hsc and shipping the deal's totally worth it. It seems it'll be delivered exactly in time for your birthday
_________________
matte30is wrote:
Someone man up and get a balloon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshiner
.
.


Joined: 02 Nov 2012
Posts: 3943
Location: Around the corner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome btw. A 50's Les Paul Special in Fender's interpretation
_________________
matte30is wrote:
Someone man up and get a balloon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dots
BADmin


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 1013644
Location: on the move

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingkiller wrote:
dots wrote:
yeah, that was fast, i should have asked for a deeper discount. i chopped off 10% and had him throw in shipping, so under $1.5k delivered w/ hsc. i had a little hesitation at first before i remembered how much the damn things have appreciated in 15+ years (roughly doubled). i don't see them going up that much over the next 10 years or so, but i doubt i wouldn't be able to cover my investment if i had to sell it either...

NGD Thrad incoming?


mayhaps... haven't posted one in ages. then again, haven't gotten any new gear in over three years, so...
_________________
33 by Saturday's Child available now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
dots
BADmin


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 1013644
Location: on the move

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshiner wrote:
It seems it'll be delivered exactly in time for your birthday


that's the great thing about my birthday Laughing


and yeah, always liked the blend of influences on these guitars. when they were first released, there was a bit of criticism as to whether they were real fender given all the gibson'esque styling and setup, but fender is at its best when the designs are creative instead of stuck in the 50s. i much prefer them creating something different with a new name as opposed to carving up an existing design and just slapping model number on it (the jaguars they were pumping out with almost zero jag features never sat well with me).

EDIT: okay, paydd. should be arrive in time to bring to albq for a full test run. if this thing sounds like shit, ima be mad lol
_________________
33 by Saturday's Child available now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Noirie.
YOUTH


Joined: 15 Jan 2009
Posts: 4654

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badman. Congrats.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fran
The Curmudgeon


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 21238
Location: Nottingham, Englandshire.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done dot, positive move and not following the crowd.

Look forward to pics and demo.
_________________
dezb1 wrote:
Stop fucking about and get an SD-1

robroe wrote:
I got a stomach ache. Anyone got any heroin? Or like a gun or something?

brandonwinmill wrote:
Maybe i'll sell my internet. It's lost its fun since i already beat it twice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dots
BADmin


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 1013644
Location: on the move

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, fran(the man) and noire! it's funny how i complained about the rarity in the OP only to have one show up in less than 10 days. if i see a glut of them next week for half price, i know there's a mole here trying to DESTROY ME
_________________
33 by Saturday's Child available now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 19278
Location: wandering

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice wan!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doog
can i get uhhh


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 19705
Location: London

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dots wrote:
thanks, fran(the man) and noire! it's funny how i complained about the rarity in the OP only to have one show up in less than 10 days. if i see a glut of them next week for half price, i know there's a mole here trying to DESTROY ME


heh-heh-heh...



Hidden: 

_________________
musics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dots
BADmin


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 1013644
Location: on the move

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you sonofabitch, doug...



dots wrote:
EDIT: okay, paydd. should be arrive in time to bring to albq for a full test run.


yeah this was inaccurate, and it won't be here by tomorrow. i should learn to read a calendar (or book, or book of calendars).
_________________
33 by Saturday's Child available now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Thomas
.
.


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 3220
Location: Glasgow, UK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m glad you managed to find one. It’s a rare old bird.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 638568 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!