ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Lets talk about our rigs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
The Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Lets talk about our rigs Reply with quote

Hey guys, all this time out my grandmas house has had me thinking about rigs and the changes mine has went through over the years. Being out here I really had to strip back my stuff since the space is pretty limited out here, going back home for a little vacation next week where I get to use all my stuff again had me thinking about rigs, and made me want to talk about our rigs with each other and stuff, I know there's a thread where we can post and look at busted photo bucket pics from 10 yrs ago, but lets talk about what we got kicking now.

SO YEAH, I always had a good bit of stuff floating around and up until coming out here a few months ago I always had access to like 10+ guitars, 3 basses, a slew of pedals, and 5+ amps including my bandmates stuff, really took that for granted now that I'm down to one amp, a multi fx, two guitars and a bass. Rocking out on the cheap too, figured I'd leave the good stuff at home and brought some stuff I wouldn't miss if I had to go home for a couple days. Being down to some Squier guitars (VM Jazzmaster, CV 60's Strat, Affinity Jazz Bass), my multi-fx (Boss ME-80), and lil fender blues jr has been super humbling. Not only am I totally a Strat guy now after mainly playing jaguars/jazzmasters forever and my silvertones for the past few years, but the change to a dinky multi-fx and plain Jane amp has really stoked me up on everything again, not only is it super versatile but it really got me focused on my technique like every other dude that "goes back to the roots". I'll try to post some pics of it too.
But that's what I'm working with right now, I miss my fender shit and my old silvertones, and my big muff. But this has really held me over in the meantime, the Strat, pedal, and amp combo was under $1000 bucks too and sounds better than anything I've ever had. Probably gonna be what I'm using for recording and with the band going forward too so I don't have to risk any of the expensive shit.

So yeah, what are you guys working with at the moment?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: