ShortScale Forum Index
www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader  

NGD: Squier VM Jazzmaster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dezb1
The Oppressor


Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 7795
Location: glasgow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black/gold is cool but black /tort wins for me.
_________________
"Stop fucking about and get an SD-1"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sunshiner
.
.


Joined: 02 Nov 2012
Posts: 5029
Location: Around the corner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basswood with its weird grain just doesn't cut it. A nice resonant body made of radial cut morning wood is always a way to go. Did it come this glossy or did you give it a bit of a polish?
_________________
matte30is wrote:
Someone man up and get a balloon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshiner
.
.


Joined: 02 Nov 2012
Posts: 5029
Location: Around the corner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if they're twins it means they are called Arnold and Danny. Everytime you feel like playing a tune you should say "Come here, Arnold. Make yourself comfortable on my lap"
_________________
matte30is wrote:
Someone man up and get a balloon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickD
.
.


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 4542
Location: Sheffield, Innit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshiner wrote:
Basswood with its weird grain just doesn't cut it. A nice resonant body made of radial cut morning wood is always a way to go. Did it come this glossy or did you give it a bit of a polish?


Polishing morning wood is a necessity, you need to keep
the sap rising.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sunshiner
.
.


Joined: 02 Nov 2012
Posts: 5029
Location: Around the corner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickD wrote:
sunshiner wrote:
Basswood with its weird grain just doesn't cut it. A nice resonant body made of radial cut morning wood is always a way to go. Did it come this glossy or did you give it a bit of a polish?


Polishing morning wood is a necessity, you need to keep
the sap rising.

That's what I've read
_________________
matte30is wrote:
Someone man up and get a balloon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BearBoy
.
.


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 6295
Location: Strung up to the lemons

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dezb1 wrote:
Black/gold is cool but black /tort wins for me.


What Dez said.
_________________
Fran wrote:
I love how this place is basic as fuck.

ekwatts wrote:
I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doog
mid-century modem


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 21338
Location: London

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshiner wrote:
Also if they're twins it means they are called Arnold and Danny. Everytime you feel like playing a tune you should say "Come here, Arnold. Make yourself comfortable on my lap"

"Caaaahmn with me if you wunt to riiiiiiiiiiff"

The ol' black-n-tort razzledazzle is definitely a classic look that I've wanted since first laying eyes on one, so it certainly has its hooks in deep. We'll see, pointless frittering is the soup du jour at the moment, so who gives a fuuuuuuuuuuck

Quite digging the change for now; the guitar feels a bit zingier (more noticable unplugged/clean), although it's the sort of thing where playing slightly closer to the bridge has a similar effect so shrugggg.


Link

The best Offset Boi On Youtube goes deep:
_________________
andrew floss musics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 728191 / 0