ShortScale Forum Index
www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader  

Bridge to fit 1978 Bronco

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tele0n

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject: Bridge to fit 1978 Bronco Reply with quote

Hi,

New to this site and not found a definitive answer to the question from searching the forum, so forgive me if this has been covered before.

I have a Bronco 1978 body and neck I'd like to turn into a functioning guitar but it is missing the original bridge and I understand they are very hard to find and sometimes not very stable

So I would like to know what alternative bridges would fit a Bronco to cover the bridge rout and without drilling too many new holes or filling voids?

From my research a Musicmaster or Toranado bridge might fit, (buy not sure if that covers all of the existing Bronco bridge routed area)

Also are there any issues I should be aware of with the positioning of a non-bronco next, such as the scale length so I don't have tuning or intonation issues?

Many thanks for any help in advance

Cheers!
BillClay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a thought in your projects thread about commissioning someone to make you a chrome plate or surround that covers the original route and mounting a toronado bridge onto that. I used way more words and ideas in the other thread, but not sure that they add any value or wisdom to the idea
tele0n

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen it - going down the Toronado route, will see what mounting options will look like when I find one. Would be amazing to find an original Bronco bridge but I understand they are impossible to find nowadays. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1