ShortScale Forum Index
www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader  

Made By Mike - Dream Box Demo

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 6698

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Made By Mike - Dream Box Demo Reply with quote


Link


Last edited by Hurb on Sun May 31, 2020 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
benecol
Best Poster 2010


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 7821
Location: Westcountry

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Made By Mike - Dream Box Demo Reply with quote

Who would you say was the primary songwriter in Black Flag (and please miss a letter off the end of his name)?

Last edited by benecol on Sun May 31, 2020 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 6698

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am blaming the Gin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lorez
.
.


Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 9537
Location: Hopelessly Wayward

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these 2 pedals make me smile more than anything, even if I'm using guitars or synths.
_________________
plopswagon wrote:
I like teles and strats because they’re made out of guitar.

robroe wrote:
I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 6698

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorez wrote:
these 2 pedals make me smile more than anything, even if I'm using guitars or synths.


For some reason I was never that interested in the MXR Distortion II(Possibly because I am an idiot and thought it must have something to do with the Boss DS2) But it really is a great overdrive for people like me who care not about overdrives.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 21642
Location: wandering

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never realised that it was a distortion2 and not a distortion+. I always assumed it was a + that Mike had added a treble and bass control to. I might have to look at this again. I love the muff side, but never really got on with the distortion side, perhaps because I was trying to use it like a + instead of really exploring it on its own terms.

Something to do tomorrow, then...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 6698

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacchus wrote:
I'd never realised that it was a distortion2 and not a distortion+. I always assumed it was a + that Mike had added a treble and bass control to. I might have to look at this again. I love the muff side, but never really got on with the distortion side, perhaps because I was trying to use it like a + instead of really exploring it on its own terms.

Something to do tomorrow, then...

I would recommend leaving the resonance down if you are using it like a overdrive and only use the resonance if pushing the muff. Least that is how it works best with my setup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickD
.
.


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 4813
Location: Sheffield, Innit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologise in advance for my juvenile behaviour

Bacchus wrote:
I love the muff


Hurb wrote:
I would recommend...pushing the muff.


On topic - I always thought it was a Dist + too. My pedals back in the early 90s were an old Dist+ and a DOD classic fuzz (a Muff copy) and it wasn't a long way from Siamese Dream toenz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doog
mid-century modem


Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Posts: 21863
Location: London

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Made By Mike - Dream Box Demo Reply with quote

benecol wrote:
Who would you say was the primary songwriter in Black Flag (and please miss a letter off the end of his name)?


hahaha covert edit

Sounds great Hurb, really comprehensive overview too!
_________________
andrew floss musics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 21642
Location: wandering

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always meant to demo this with my Lace Sensor strat and the Amplitube JCM.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 754168 / 0