Ed O'Brien (Radiohead) goes Jaguar

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

riotshield

Post by riotshield »

stewart wrote:
riotshield wrote:Cant wait to see them in June!
shelled out for tickets? they wanted something like £73 + booking fee here.

fuck that.
BTW, check the ticekt prices and for the UK tour its 47,5 pounds plus 5 fees. its not cheap but surely not 73+, something seemed wrong
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

That's what I was told the London show cost. 2nd hand info, admittedly... They aren't playing Scotland so I didn't bother double checking.
61fury

Post by 61fury »

Every stupid ass indie fuck is playing a Jag.
riotshield

Post by riotshield »

what about you?
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

61fury wrote:Every stupid ass indie fuck is playing a Jag.
To be fair this actually is on the button and only comment on indie stars rather than jag owners. Me and Fran have pointed this out before, offsets are as much a cliche of a certain musical identity as much as super strats and metal.
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
markarkark

Post by markarkark »

stewart wrote:That's what I was told the London show cost. 2nd hand info, admittedly... They aren't playing Scotland so I didn't bother double checking.
You were pretty much right actually - London standing tickets were £65 plus a £6 fee from Radiohead's own website.
61fury

Post by 61fury »

I love Jags, just don't own one. Jags and Teles, that's what I'm seeing. Honestly I don't see them much except for Youtube clips and Late night talk shows.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

61fury wrote:Every bearded indie dude wearing Chuck Taylors is playing a Jazzmaster.
Delightfully Fix'd.
riotshield

Post by riotshield »

markarkark wrote:
stewart wrote:That's what I was told the London show cost. 2nd hand info, admittedly... They aren't playing Scotland so I didn't bother double checking.
You were pretty much right actually - London standing tickets were £65 plus a £6 fee from Radiohead's own website.
Ouch! But why its the only show with such expensive ticket? 80 euros compared to 50 of the rest of europe tour
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

i thought ed (looking rather ultra-violent that evening in austin) usually played semi-hollows or the fernandes sustainers. dunno that i've seen him play a strat.

going to see them @coachella. stoked. baby's first festival, innit.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:i thought ed (looking rather ultra-violent that evening in austin) usually played semi-hollows or the fernandes sustainers. dunno that i've seen him play a strat.
he plays strats and teles a fair bit.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

ah, never seen it.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

old vids, but you get the idea.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
markarkark

Post by markarkark »

riotshield wrote:
markarkark wrote:
Ouch! But why its the only show with such expensive ticket? 80 euros compared to 50 of the rest of europe tour
I've been wondering that myself... Arcade Fire's O2 show was about £35 for standing tickets and they seem to have like a dozen band members and still gave a bunch of the money away.

I guess the answer is as simple as 'because they can'.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:i thought ed (looking rather ultra-violent that evening in austin) usually played semi-hollows or the fernandes sustainers. dunno that i've seen him play a strat.

going to see them @coachella. stoked. baby's first festival, innit.
He made regular use of a Clapton Strat back in the day because the gold lace sensors are neutral sounding and take effects well.

Have fun at Coachella, my first festival was Coachella '07. Trying to get within a mile of Radiohead at Outside Lands '08 was impossible though, so I'd get close to the stage about 2 bands before and then not have to piss for a few hours.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

that's going to be tough holding my piss. i'll be there just for the music. i don't need the performance necessarily, and i think we'll be able to listen from afar.

i went in '06, and got close enough for bloc party, tool, massive attack, yeah yeah yeahs, etc., and it was fucking nuts being so close with so many people behind you.

massive attack:

bloc party:

this time i'm 6 years older, and definitely feel that way. fiesta and i will be hanging on the outskirts, i reckon. the festival duration will be grueling enough, plus we got the two 3 day passes for $200 ($300/piece normally).
61fury

Post by 61fury »

ultratwin wrote:
61fury wrote:Every bearded indie dude wearing Chuck Taylors is playing a Jazzmaster.
Delightfully Fix'd.
Thanks Ultratwin.
What's with those beards anyway, asked the old square.