FFO: The Metalolz

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

FFO: The Metalolz

Post by Freddy V-C »

Hello. As most of you will know this isn't usually my sort of thing, but I've recently joined a metalcore band called 'Hungry Hungry Bears' (not sure whether that name will stick). I'm playing bass and doing backing shouts, I don't really think my voice suits the music but the other guys seem to like it... We've just recorded some rough demos of a couple of covers which you can listen to here. I'm not a huge fan of these songs to be honest, but I am enjoying being in a band that's LOUD AS FUCK where I pretty much only have to play the open bottom string.
wwrrss
COCKDESTROYER

Post by wwrrss »

This is funny as fuck, I hope the name sticks!!!
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

lol, bloody awful. Keep it up!
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

you guys tune to drop M? more pig squeals! sounds ridiculous dude. keep raging!
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Mattsican: Myself and the lead guitarist are just tuned to Drop A. But our rhythm guitarist plays an 8 string and tunes to EAEADGBE... so he can go a full octave below standard, which is interesting.

wwrrss and ends: I'm sure your reactions wouldn't be appreciated by the rest of the band, but they are appreciated by me.

We've got a couple of gigs coming up. Potentially one or both of them will get filmed, in which case I'll upload the video here and you can play 'spot the indie kid'.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

god, this shit is terrible. i mean, the music is good, but i seriously cannot understand a single word, and don't know that i want to.

i just can't believe people would be into this type of vocals.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
serfx
ss.o bastard son

Post by serfx »

reminds me of Green Jelly, mixed with the Jesus Lizard, and a little bit of that new "screamo-hardcore"

hate the vox.. just don't dig the style. love the tunes though.

The girlfriend would probably love the vox though.. if she was here to give it a listen at the moment.. as like most 20 year olds, she is into the scream/growl vocals.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I'm trying to convince the rest of the guys to do some more interesting covers like The Dillinger Escape Plan or something, I'll let you know how that turns out... haha.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

Dillinger Escape Plan would be a pivot in the right direction.

Just no unretrofied please.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster