EHX Super Ego & Crying Tone Wah

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Addam

Post by Addam »

Nick wrote:I'd even be wary of using a power supply with it considering the pedal can move around somewhat on stage...one wrong yank and you're silent.
Yeah, and I would worry about general fatigue of power and signal wires. I'm immagining all kinds of crackling noises and shit :lol:
riotshield

Post by riotshield »

the jacks are smartly put in the place that moves the less
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

SUPEREGO MAKES SUPERBONER IN MY PANTS. Although I am getting pretty similar sounds out of the Ravish Sitar.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Also, I will agree with Doog, that host is very good looking.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

HEY BACK OFF MAAAN, YOU GOT A PURDY LADY ALREADY
louis
fuckin' A

Post by louis »

Doog wrote:
I know I'm hardly in a minority here, but that Dirks... I sure would like to kiss her.
[youtube][/youtube]
Twitter: @fearthelivinguk
theshadowofseattle wrote:Nothin' but orange groves and black augs, as far as the eye could see.
Ainm

Post by Ainm »

ekwatts wrote:Superego is a must-buy for me. I've wanted that portamento effect for ages and the only places to get it prior to this were on the HOG (spendy) or the V256 (not as spendy, but I didn't want to buy a vocal pedal for just one effect).
I wanted to love the SuperEgo. I was hoping for some sweet G-Funk style portamento for guitar. Sadly my underpants remain uncreamed. I had a look at the ehx.com forum and it seems there is a volume pedal, a pan pedal and an expression pedal in the pipeline. I expect they'll use the same technology as the Crying Tone wah.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Yeah, they will. I think these are the "magic" pedals Matthews was talking about a few months back before he went full St. Nicholas?

I think I would have preferred the Superego if it was basically just a straight rip of the portamento effect from the V256 rather than combining it with the Freeze or anything, but it's all good; I'm still going to buy it. And then run it into a microsynth, into a fuzz. PORTAMENTO FUZZ SYNTH.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Rhysyrhys
The Kraken

Post by Rhysyrhys »

Like danny said, its just an accelerometer in that pedal for shizz.

Its not as cool as the Soundblox Pro Bass Envelope - that thing is completely off the chain. http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/sou ... velope.php

I know its just a weenie post hardcorey lame fest band, but they cover Nice Sprites by Skrillex and the bass play does all this cool dubstep shit. Its well groovy.

[youtube][/youtube]
Ainm

Post by Ainm »

Rhysyrhys wrote:Like danny said, its just an accelerometer in that pedal for shizz.

Its not as cool as the Soundblox Pro Bass Envelope - that thing is completely off the chain. http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/sou ... velope.php

I know its just a weenie post hardcorey lame fest band, but they cover Nice Sprites by Skrillex and the bass play does all this cool dubstep shit. Its well groovy.

[youtube][/youtube]
Whoa! 'Hot Hand motion sensing ring'? I like.
rps-10

Post by rps-10 »

The fella from Dragonforce uses one of those things doesn't he, or it is something similar?
rps-10

Post by rps-10 »

Some Dutch crusties go at the Crying Tone with a car.

[youtube][/youtube]

and off same account

Guts!! think the guy is talking at one point, but all I hear is 80's guitar riffage

[youtube][/youtube]
Mike wrote:All my LEDs are bright, the blues are bright as all hell.
mezzio13 wrote:JJ makes sweeps look easy and effortless. His nick name should be broom.