Alesis iO Mix. iPad 4 channel mixer

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

riotshield

Alesis iO Mix. iPad 4 channel mixer

Post by riotshield »

This looks really cool. hope its not pricey

http://www.alesis.com/iomix

aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Yarrr, do want. That and some apps that work better for me live :(
Last show I had to slim it back to the point where I played two backing tracks out of itunes. :( WEAK.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
riotshield

Post by riotshield »

what were you trying to do? play some prerecorded track along with the live music or use a sequencer?
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

That looks awesome!
rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

I would stay well clear of it until user reviews come out.
I bought an Alesis iDock for my iPad without doing any research only to find that it was buggy as hell. Alesis knew about the problems and had a firmware update, but it barely did a thing. They blamed Apple's 5.0 update and Apple blamed Alesis for the issues. All you would get was horrible LOUD static when using audio inputs or switching from one amp to another in Garageband. Power cycling it would clear it up (temporarily). The midi clock goes off time also.
The 5.1 update has made it a bit more useable, but it still crashes apps in the middle of recording.
Life is "Pointless......but manageable"
lorez

Post by lorez »

I've been contemplating io devices for my iPad recently especially to use with the moog apps but unsure what to use. Any thoughts?
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

riotshield wrote:what were you trying to do? play some prerecorded track along with the live music or use a sequencer?
Well, I needed to play a track in a sequencer style. Essentially, play part A of a track, and loop section B, until I release the loop, then continue on to section C.

I would also like to have sort of a "sample" board drum pad style in the same app, so i can fire shit off willy nilly.

The main thing was that all of a sudden, my app "music studio" wouldnt load new audio. Im not sure if that one will let me load samples into the drum pads either.

A lot of this has been made irrelevant by my new Minitaur/fottboard, but I really do want to dig into the ipad onstage in the future.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
riotshield

Post by riotshield »

have you looked into Beatbox?
It has a mpc style sampler, sequencer, instruments that you can load custom banks, etc. its pretty powerful. You can also connect a keyboard (usb or midi) and handle stuff.
rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

lorez wrote:I've been contemplating io devices for my iPad recently especially to use with the moog apps but unsure what to use. Any thoughts?
If its just midi your looking for, the iRig midi looks good for around 70 bucks and it charges the iPad at the same time. I picked up an M-audio midisport for around 30 bucks and an iPad camera connector for a little over $35. It works great and I've had no problems with it. It doesn't charge, thought, an I wish I would've held out for the iRig.

After my previous post I decided to test the idock again (after doing all the current updates) and it's working with GarageBand well enough. I didn't notice the static and hissing when using the audio inputs. I also tried it with the Meteor app (which i use mainly) and it still has the same issues of dropping during midi recordings. There was no audio static though. Maybe I'll have to give it another shot, again.
Life is "Pointless......but manageable"
lorez

Post by lorez »

Thanks rvb that's really useful.
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers