Moderated By: mods

chrismakesgod

Has anyone ever used axesrus pickups?

Post by chrismakesgod »

More specifically, these ones:

The P90 in the humbucker casing
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

I've got some that'll be putting in a guitar later in the week as recommended.....
AddamInsane wrote: I think it's the best sounding pickup on anything I have played, ever.
Not the p90s though.
chrismakesgod

Post by chrismakesgod »

I'm going to assume their pickups will all be roughly the same quality, and it's quite cheap, so I'll take a risk. Cheers!
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

Most of the parts I've bought for the guitar have been axerus own, and the quality as individual parts seem pretty good, especially for the price.

They have good customer service, and are really friendly to deal with !!!

I've heard, not from them.... as long as you don't chop the wires any shorter or solder them, you can try them and return if you want. Apparently by using a junction box ?
chrismakesgod

Post by chrismakesgod »

I have practically no experience or skill with electronics. I wouldn't be able to build or use a junction box if I tried. It's for my mustang, I'm just going to hand it over to the tech and get him to put everything in it. If I don't like it I'll just save for a decent neck 'bucker and fire the axesrus one in my wee squier strat.

I'll let you all know how they sound, might be a month or two since everywhere is quoting me like 60 quid for a custom mustang pick guard.
MikeG

Post by MikeG »

I think some of them are made in the same factory as GFS pickups.

I bought some of their 'vintage split' humbuckers.
ekwatts wrote:
If you really need those extra harmonics then play a fucking sitar.
jumbledupthinking

Post by jumbledupthinking »

othomas2 wrote:They have good customer service, and are really friendly to deal with !!!
Second this - I've ordered parts from these guys too and they arrived nice & quickly with good communication.
UlricvonCatalyst

Post by UlricvonCatalyst »

Yeah, I buy from them all the time and they're ultra-fast and reliable. I think their pickups, GFS and Artecs are one and the same, but I could be wrong.
Addam

Post by Addam »

othomas2 wrote:I've got some that'll be putting in a guitar later in the week as recommended.....
AddamInsane wrote: I think it's the best sounding pickup on anything I have played, ever.
I don't want to be held responsible...

Not the p90s though.
UlricvonCatalyst wrote:I think their pickups, GFS and Artecs are one and the same, but I could be wrong.
I agree with that, they seem to be the same.