Epiphone Nuclear Extreme Les Paul?

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Epiphone Nuclear Extreme Les Paul?

Post by westtexasred »

I saw one just like the one below at a local pawn shop today. It's a set neck made in Korea Epi.The one I saw looked near mint and seemed to be to be all original. They want $250 for and won't go any lower cuz they just got it in yesterday.Know anything about these?

ImageImageImage

I found a youtube video of the same kind of guitar

[youtube][/youtube]
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

Too much. I wouldn't pay more than $150.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
louis
fuckin' A

Post by louis »

That is the worst thing I've ever seen.
Twitter: @fearthelivinguk
theshadowofseattle wrote:Nothin' but orange groves and black augs, as far as the eye could see.
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

Haha,I think it is kewl...

louis
fuckin' A

Post by louis »

No seriously, I watched a programme tonight where women from the Congo were giving accounts on how their fathers were held at gunpoint and made to rape their daughters by local militia, one of them refused and had his eyeballs plucked out before they cut his ears off and then killed him.

That still pales in comparison to how awful this thing is.

(obviously I'm joking, I was deeply affected by said programme.)
Twitter: @fearthelivinguk
theshadowofseattle wrote:Nothin' but orange groves and black augs, as far as the eye could see.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

I cannot unsee this. I am not happy with this situation.

This is why the 80s and early 90s sucked. This. Not just this but the line of thinking that spawned this guitar. It sums up just about everything that is wrong with everything.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

ekwatts wrote:I cannot unsee this. I am not happy with this situation.

This is why the 80s and early 90s sucked. This. Not just this but the line of thinking that spawned this guitar. It sums up just about everything that is wrong with everything.
CAMERON'S BRITAIN.
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

There's nothing wrong with that guitar that a can of spray paint can't fix. And I like the inlays.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

That was almost my first guitar purchase.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

I'm down with it. Not for 250 though
mixtape

Post by mixtape »

I'm filing this one under "I'd play it ironically."
Mack93

Post by Mack93 »

This looks like basically the same thing. He doesn't have very nice things to say about it, but then he doesn't seem to like Epiphone in general.
[youtube][/youtube]
Spitfire7 wrote: This is coming from the standpoint of me being a connoisseur.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

You know a guitar had iffy marketing when what seems to be WTR musing on them, maybe gearing up to post a Swamp Thing video or something, turns out to be their actual official name.

These were made in 2001 and 2002 as part of the E-Series. Some of you may remember this "pierced SG" disaster from the same series.

The E-Series actually pervaded Epi's entire range. They remarketed the bolt-on LP Special II and SG Special II as the "Bully" and "Basher" respectively, and other V/Explorer takes such as the "Slasher" and "Beast"... they all sounded like Beano characters to me.

This is also when they had the "USA" E-Series guitars, which included shred-ready takes on ill-fated Gibson designs like the Moderne and Futura

ImageImage

Here's the most tasteful finish offered on the Nuclear Extreme, which is not to say I like it though it kinda reminds me of an Italia or something.
► Show Spoiler
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

paul_ wrote:They remarketed the bolt-on LP Special II and SG Special II as the "Bully" and "Basher" respectively, and other V/Explorer takes such as the "Slasher" and "Beast"...
no "Rapist" LP Junior?
sholkham

Post by sholkham »

I like the headstock and inlay on it. The white bowling ball material one posted above looks nicer.
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

paul_ wrote:You know a guitar had iffy marketing when what seems to be WTR musing on them, maybe gearing up to post a Swamp Thing video or something, turns out to be their actual official name.

These were made in 2001 and 2002 as part of the E-Series. Some of you may remember this "pierced SG" disaster from the same series.

The E-Series actually pervaded Epi's entire range. They remarketed the bolt-on LP Special II and SG Special II as the "Bully" and "Basher" respectively, and other V/Explorer takes such as the "Slasher" and "Beast"... they all sounded like Beano characters to me.

This is also when they had the "USA" E-Series guitars, which included shred-ready takes on ill-fated Gibson designs like the Moderne and Futura

Here's the most tasteful finish offered on the Nuclear Extreme, which is not to say I like it though it kinda reminds me of an Italia or something.
Yes and the Apollo and the Comet too.

ImageImage
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

paul_ wrote:
► Show Spoiler
THAT was in the same series? I saw one of those hung up for £150 in cash generator a year ago in mint condition and very, very nearly borrowed an extra £20 off a mate so I could spend my entire fortnights dole on it. I loved it. Pearloid Les Paul! But yeah, I had no idea what it was or whether it was legit. I just can't believe it was part of the same clown-rape-abortion as the yellow and black infected vaginal discharge in the original post.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
westtexasred

Post by westtexasred »

stewart wrote:
paul_ wrote:They remarketed the bolt-on LP Special II and SG Special II as the "Bully" and "Basher" respectively, and other V/Explorer takes such as the "Slasher" and "Beast"...
no "Rapist" LP Junior?
How bougt this?

ImageImage
Last edited by westtexasred on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

► Show Spoiler
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Perhaps just right this instant, I want that guitar more than anything else on this Earth.

I actually just put one of those "Les Paul" TRCs on one of my homemade DC Juniors, originally buying it for my real Gibson Standard to get teh Bloomfieldz.

But fucking hell, what a guitar, what a pic.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

Those early 2000's epiphones with that E logo with wings are some of the worst pieces of shit I have ever laid hands on. I remember when MARS Music was still around and I would go in there and fuck around on everything. I could hardly play but that series put a bad taste in my mouth real quick.