preview of a comic I've been working on

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

routed

preview of a comic I've been working on

Post by routed »

routed

Post by routed »

will draw for guitars
wwrrss
COCKDESTROYER

Post by wwrrss »

Fucking awesome!

Where can I see more!
routed

Post by routed »

We're still hustling and pitching the project around to publishers.

Can anyone suggest some names of publishers that might be interested in this kind of project?

>>Thanks<<
Apricat

Post by Apricat »

I'm not sure about in the UK, but here, in Canada, comic books are usually published by the authors first BEFORE the publishers pick up the project. The best way is to print a small run of your comic, rent a stand at a comic book event, and then hope for a publishing company to notice your stuff. The comic book industry having changed so much in the past years that most companies don't want to invest in a product before it has proven its worth.

Also, going to conventions also helped me a whole lot when I was starting out. You get to know the people at the convention pretty well after a few days, and chances are they'll help you get in touch with their publishers.

Anyway, I know this didn't answer your question at all, but I just wanted to let you know that even if the project doesn't get picked up right away there are still a whole lot of possibilities out there for you :)
routed

Post by routed »

thanks Apricat, there are a few conventions happening soon here in the U.K.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

I love this! The artwork has a bit of that Templesmith vibe to it. I'l like to pick up a copy of this, once you have it in print.
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

Very nice. Also might be worth building a web following and then going with Kickstarter. I suspect I am a cartoonist, but I never draw, so I can't be certain.

Is that all digital stuff?
Yell Like Hell
routed

Post by routed »

The interior artwork is all pencil and ink on paper...

I mostly used dip pens and Pentel brush pens.

Texture was added using old brushes, razor blades and white acrylic paint and there was a bit of digital zipatone effect used on a few pages to mimic smoke...

The speech bubbles and lettering are all digital (Manga Studio) and all of the panel borders were fixed up digitally.

The cover is a mixture of traditional and digital... lots of textures were added and it was mostly painted in Photoshop.
Last edited by routed on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.