pictures of your guitars here

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

mixtape

Post by mixtape »

I keep forgetting to post here, and then I remember and the uploader doesn't work, so I give up and then forget again. Anyway, here's the lot of them.
Clockwise from top: BC Rich Bronze Series Mockingbird, some Samick classical guitar I've had since middle school, some Samick bass I've had since high school, Squier Super-Sonic, Ovation Balladeer.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I got a chance to pickup and play all my electric guitars tonight. I almost can't believe how good all my guitars sound. I feel so blessed to actually have such a collection of great instruments.

Fender CAR Competition Mustang, Fender "Mullet-stang", Fender AVRI Jaguar, Daphne Blue Baja Telecaster (Project)
Jazzmaster Project guitar, 1967 Fender Coronado II, Squier Hello Kitty stratocaster
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

The mounting's a little rough, and there are plenty of visible screw holes and such since I wasn't exactly doing the measure twice drill once thing, but when it's full of guitars, I don't expect people to notice.

p.s. That's not my Harmony. My bandmate gave me the Harmony and told me to "fix it," so I just put a Tune-O-Matic on it and I'm going to return it this weekend. That spot will normally be occupied by a Squier Vista Series Candy Apple Red Jagmaster but USPS hasn't delivered it yet.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

EPIPHONE MELODY MAKER SPECIAL

started life as this ugly fucking thing

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Didn't you sell that years ago Rob? Did you get it back?
routed

Post by routed »

my old Hag >

Last edited by routed on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

That there is a rare bird! Just like Bowie's. What's the story?

mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

After a major downsizing and consolidation of gear in the past 3 weeks, say hello to the girls.

From left to right: 1970 Univox Hi Flyer, Devlin Imposter, 1978 Fender Musicmaster, Squier Super-sonic, Epiphone ES-333

The only one that's missing is an Esquire partscaster I'm building right now.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
routed

Post by routed »

it was rescued from ebay

Last edited by routed on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
routed

Post by routed »

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by routed on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

I imagine forumite Gabriel may be the one most interested in this newest of guitars in my possession:

I've been quietly giddy about this thing, my recently acquired Peerless Manhattan I scored for about $600.

Out of all of the non-solid top Peerless jazzbox models I can score rather cheap over here (Monarch, Jazz City, Manhattan), I really wanted the Manhattan in particular because of its huge 17" width with no-nonsense (no gaudy inlays) neck, 24.6" scale, floating mini-hum, and a surprisingly comfortable 3" thick body. The guy who had this one before me put on Thomastik-Infeld 13-53 flatwounds and has the action down on it nice and low, so it's really effortless to play all day. Will probably add a tone pot to soften the amplified tone a bit, but am having just as much fun sitting on the couch doing wannabe bossa nova progressions with the thing not plugged in.

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

ultratwin wrote:I imagine forumite Gabriel may be the one most interested in this newest of guitars in my possession:
How did you know :wink:

That's a lovely guitar. I was considering one for the £800 they cost over, but $600 is a no brainer! What kind of shape is the neck?
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Gabriel wrote:
ultratwin wrote:I imagine forumite Gabriel may be the one most interested in this newest of guitars in my possession:
How did you know :wink:

That's a lovely guitar. I was considering one for the £800 they cost over, but $600 is a no brainer! What kind of shape is the neck?

It's a nicely robust C, most reminiscent to me of a '62 Strat's thickness with a wee bit more "D", and with the 1.7" nut barely widening just to 2" over most of the accessible neck, my little girl fingers wrap around the thing with little difficulty. And yeah, me being the country of origin, it's practically a shame how these lovely MIKs can be found for so cheap.
routed

Post by routed »

Awstin

Post by Awstin »

routed wrote:
I got it for a good price on ebay when the seller made a typo and listed it as a 'Kagstrom'.
Don't you love it when that happens? The same thing happened to a guy selling a Vistalite floor tom I got for real cheep :)
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

I bought lovely Tokia SG a few years ago. I also bought a Fender Jaugur for a song.
NickS

Post by NickS »

benecol wrote:I bought lovely Tokia SG a few years ago. I also bought a Fender Jaugur for a song.
Who are you and what have you done with Tim's grammar and ability to spell?
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

routed wrote:Image
ooh is that one of those marine rider thingys?
routed

Post by routed »

I just did a frantic search looking for a Fender Jaguar ebay listing with typos and all I could find was some car parts: 'Jaugur engine and box'. Merde.

@Stewart > Yeah, that is a little MarineRider guitar from Japan. It was small enough to fit into the overhead luggage compartment in planes.

Last edited by routed on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Noisy Cat

Post by Noisy Cat »

My non-shortscales:

Squier Tele Custom II (with P90s)
Vintage VEC500-12 (12-string electro-acoustic)
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (late 1990s; with Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 Pros)