Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Mustang

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Awstin

Post by Awstin »

I think the Jaguars are pretty awesome but the mustangs they could of done in different colors. It seems like a lower end of the Fenders. At least be different.. I don't know..
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
Noisy Cat

Post by Noisy Cat »

I'll be getting the blue Jazzmaster, for sure.
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

Is the Jazzy going to be Sonic Blue or Surf Green. Either case, I'm in.

Fran, what pups did you use in that shred on a Jazzy video you made years ago?
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

mezzio13 wrote:Is the Jazzy going to be Sonic Blue or Surf Green. Either case, I'm in.
Pretty sure they were confirmed as Sonic Blue weren't they?
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

I spoke with my rep again yesterday.... they have actually started shipping these but the details (I assume pricing/order details) have yet to be released so they can't do anything about it till then. He has confirmed end of July beginning of August when you'll see them in shops, he's promised to let me know when they become available.
lorez

Post by lorez »

othomas2 wrote:I spoke with my rep again yesterday.... they have actually started shipping these but the details (I assume pricing/order details) have yet to be released so they can't do anything about it till then. He has confirmed end of July beginning of August when you'll see them in shops, he's promised to let me know when they become available.
Asked a few other places about these and they have phoned fender, same reply as the previous query. Owen, let us know when you know more
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

mezzio13 wrote: Fran, what pups did you use in that shred on a Jazzy video you made years ago?
Duncan QP's for Jazzmaster Mezz.
I'm well into the JM Jazzmaster pups at the moment, all bases covered. If these new Jazzmasters use the same pups then people are in for a treat! It will be really interesting to hear the Squier Jaguar pups.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Fran wrote:I'm well into the JM Jazzmaster pups at the moment, all bases covered. If these new Jazzmasters use the same pups then people are in for a treat!
I think it's been confirmed that the new Jazzies will use the Duncan Designed pups as did the strat jack Jazzies. Which sound great imo. Still have yet to play a JM JM, have never come across one in the flesh.
Noisy Cat

Post by Noisy Cat »

singlepickup24 wrote:
Fran wrote:I'm well into the JM Jazzmaster pups at the moment, all bases covered. If these new Jazzmasters use the same pups then people are in for a treat!
I think it's been confirmed that the new Jazzies will use the Duncan Designed pups as did the strat jack Jazzies. Which sound great imo. Still have yet to play a JM JM, have never come across one in the flesh.
How do the DD/Squier pups compare to the various Fender JM pups?
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Anybody got any idea as to when they will be released?
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

READ ;)
othomas2 wrote:He has confirmed end of July beginning of August when you'll see them in shops
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Sorry. It was 13 pages long.. Lol
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Noisy Cat wrote:
singlepickup24 wrote:
How do the DD/Squier pups compare to the various Fender JM pups?
Generally speaking, they're pretty bright yet smooth at the same time. I like that they do not sound too thin or clangy but still retain that unique high end sparkle quite well. I wouldn't swap them out (at least not immediately). I think they prolly sound better than the stock MIJ JM pups.
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

Fran wrote:
mezzio13 wrote: Fran, what pups did you use in that shred on a Jazzy video you made years ago?
Duncan QP's for Jazzmaster Mezz.
I'm well into the JM Jazzmaster pups at the moment, all bases covered. If these new Jazzmasters use the same pups then people are in for a treat! It will be really interesting to hear the Squier Jaguar pups.
Yeah, I'm interested all around. If I swap, it'll be after some time, just to make sure I've had a go at dialing it in.
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

So got the blurb through at work.... can't say too much but you'll be very happy with price !! Expect the official promo release in 2 weeks time.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

sweet! definitely gonna buy a jazzmaster once they're released.
Noisy Cat

Post by Noisy Cat »

othomas2 wrote:So got the blurb through at work.... can't say too much but you'll be very happy with price !! Expect the official promo release in 2 weeks time.
Less than £300? Come on, throw us a bone(r).
Last edited by Noisy Cat on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

*cough

louis
fuckin' A

Post by louis »

All together now

*BOIIIIIINNNGGGGG!!!*
Twitter: @fearthelivinguk
theshadowofseattle wrote:Nothin' but orange groves and black augs, as far as the eye could see.
louis
fuckin' A

Post by louis »

oh my fuck, major excited.
Twitter: @fearthelivinguk
theshadowofseattle wrote:Nothin' but orange groves and black augs, as far as the eye could see.