BestBuy had Boomers on sale. 5-pack was $5. Shipped 4 free.

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Mattsican wrote:Everyone rags on Ernie Balls but i like 'em. They're cheap. They have sets in gauges that i like. They sound good for what I do.
I put Ernie Ball's 11-48 set on my Ovation Viper (a Tele for all intents and purposes), and I love them.
mixtape

Post by mixtape »

I've been playing Ernie Balls for as long as I've been playing guitar, no complaints. Mostly I've waffled between 9s and 10s. I was going to set up my Super-Sonic for 11s next time around, but now it looks like I'll be playing those Boomer 10s for a while instead. :)
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I put a set of the coated slinkys on one of my guitars a couple of weeks ago. They're terrible, I haven't noticed any difference in life between these and uncoated D'addarios. It's a shame as when I put them on they sounded nice, they just don't last.
SGJarrod

Post by SGJarrod »

Mattsican wrote:D'Addario's seems to loose their "new string" sound quicker. I like them the first couple days then they just go to shit. If i was touring and had a guitar tech replacing them every other day i'd be all about them... but unfortunately im a Cable Guy..
This is Zactly how I feel about Ernie ball's ....I prefer d'addario
lorez wrote: I'm a fuzz lover so my clean is another man's crunch ;)
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

robroe wrote:10's ?

fuck sake.
11's ... i only use Boomers but dear god ... need 11's !!!
SGJarrod

Post by SGJarrod »

Has anyone actually rec these yet or even gotten their shipping notice?
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

SGJarrod wrote:Has anyone actually rec these yet or even gotten their shipping notice?
I have not... and I was hoping they would have arrived, since I'm going to Miami this weekend and it would've been nice to have picked them up in person.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
mixtape

Post by mixtape »

I finally got a shipping notice last night. I was starting to wonder.

EDIT: They have arrived.
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

Still nothing.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

I got them just today. Now I have a pile of stringz.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

yeah mine came in a couple days ago.. Shipping was offensively slow. I usually try to avoid BB at all costs. The strings themselves seem really clumsy. I used them to replace an old set of EB's of the same gauges and the booms feel stiff and kinda blah sounding.
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Best Buy's website is pretty horrible for shipping. They had a huge problem last year where they basically told a ton of people that ordered things from their black friday sales that their orders were being cancelled and wouldn't be filled. I ordered a set of It's always sunny in philadelphia dvd's on their black friday sale and they didn't show up until after christmas, luckily they were for myself and not a christmas gift.

Best Buy stores have even been sliding downhill pretty badly in recent years too. They're definitely going the way of Circuit City. Best Buy used to be great, but honestly I think they started slacking off once they didn't have Circuit City to compete with anymore. BB used to have great customer service, and used to be extremely well organized, to where you could always find whatever cd, dvd, or device you were looking for easily. Now they've reorganized all their stores to very confusing layouts that seem cluttered, shelves are disorganized and their employees are usually pretty helpless too. Because it's not just hard for customers to find things, it's hard for the employees to find them too! Their stock is always out of whack too, they never seem to have whatever movie I'm looking for even when the website and the store computer says it's in stock, I've had employees tell me it must be a mistake because they can't find it either. These were all problems that CC stores had and were the reason they failed, and were the reason I always chose Best Buy over circuit city. I'm definitely starting to feel like BB stores won't be around 10 years from now.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Guitar Center's site (Musician's Friend) was really bad about that last Black Friday too. Cunts.

Just read an article about Best Buy reconfiguring to look/operate more like the Apple Stores as a last-ditch effort to not Circuit City themselves.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
SGJarrod

Post by SGJarrod »

I ended up getting mine around the 28th of June... It was quite alone time for such a simple order but I am not mad as the deal was so good that its crazy.... Also my strings were shipped to me from GHS in Battlecreek, MI.....not from BestBuy itself...this prolly added to the length of shipping

I love the feel of these boomers thou.....they feel slick and flexible compared to the 2 sets of D'addarios I replaced
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

So, i got sick of waiting and called to cancel my order since my goal of having my sister bring them with her wasn't going to happen.

Fast forward to today... "your items have shipped"

Arrrgh. Now I gotta ask sis to ship them down when she gets back to Miami.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10