Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Mustang

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Stuart

Post by Stuart »

somehow only spotted this news last night. Then genuinely dreamed about getting the jag.. I ordered it on the inter nets and it came in the wrong colour was the exact nature of the dream, my subconscience is a pessimistic bastard.
obscure pop culture reference
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Stuart wrote:my subconscience is a pessimistic bastard.
:lol:
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

othomas2 wrote:£255 is the going rate on these, so not so much of a deal ? I know it's Denmark St, so perhaps that's what you meant.

I'll be getting a deal through work so I'm content. :D
Which shop in Denmark street has them in?
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

You'll have to ask johnnyseven. not me...
MikeG

Post by MikeG »

In the event I get one of these, still undecided between a Jag or a Mustang. More bridge problems with the latter, potentially? I can set up guitars rather crudely, but not much experience with a trem.
ekwatts wrote:
If you really need those extra harmonics then play a fucking sitar.
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

othomas2 wrote:You'll have to ask johnnyseven. not me...
Sorry man, wrong quote/person
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

gusman2x wrote:
othomas2 wrote:£255 is the going rate on these, so not so much of a deal ? I know it's Denmark St, so perhaps that's what you meant.

I'll be getting a deal through work so I'm content. :D
Which shop in Denmark street has them in?
Regent Sounds is the one I saw them in, others may have them though. I wasn't aware the regular price wss that low, however only 14 quid extra isn't bad for Denmark Street.
sholkham

Post by sholkham »

They had them in GAK today so I had a go on the Jazzmaster, really nice actually, better than I was expecting. The vibrato seemed to work fine although I didn't try any huge bends with it or anything. They did have to spend five minutes setting up the bridge to make it playable though, one of the staff also said they were ordering a load of mustang bridges to sell as an offer with the guitars.

edit: unrelated: the Jaguarillo looks much nicer in the flesh, I think sometimes it's hard to grasp what bigger guitars actually look like from a tiny .jpeg
Noisy Cat

Post by Noisy Cat »

I'm almost definitely getting a blue Jazzmaster and putting a tort guard and AVRI pups in.

And then selling my CP Jaguar.
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

I tried two Jazzys last night. Both were about the same in playability, fit, finish, etc.. They feel comfortable, the frets were a little thin for my taste, but the fingerboards were still awesome. The neck on the Sonic Blue was beautifully tinted, it was just a gorgeous guitar. Pups were ok, could be better, but still nice enough, and considering the price point of this guitar, an upgrade is a reasonable mod. Price point is $299, but Fender is offering a $25 incentive through July. $274!!!!! totally worth it. Now what to sell to get some $$$....
George

Post by George »

That's really good to hear Mez. If only someone would try out the Mustangs! I'm dying for an in-depth review or demo...
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

I did not get an incentive. I call shenanigans on Fender.
Noisy Cat

Post by Noisy Cat »

Just ordered the blue Jazzmaster from Thomann for £235.92 delivered. Deal.
MikeG

Post by MikeG »

Noisy Cat wrote:Just ordered the blue Jazzmaster from Thomann for £235.92 delivered. Deal.
Crikey. That's cheap.
ekwatts wrote:
If you really need those extra harmonics then play a fucking sitar.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

mezzio13 wrote:I tried two Jazzys last night. Both were about the same in playability, fit, finish, etc.. They feel comfortable, the frets were a little thin for my taste, but the fingerboards were still awesome. The neck on the Sonic Blue was beautifully tinted, it was just a gorgeous guitar. Pups were ok, could be better, but still nice enough, and considering the price point of this guitar, an upgrade is a reasonable mod. Price point is $299, but Fender is offering a $25 incentive through July. $274!!!!! totally worth it. Now what to sell to get some $$$....

where foo????
DanHeron

Post by DanHeron »

Went and checked them out today. Both seemed equally well finished etc but to me the Jazzmaster stood out more.
The shop I was in only had the jag in white and the jazzmaster in sunburst so maybe that was why. The sunburst jazz looked great I thought.

Both were on par with lower end Fenders anyway, both are great deals. I didn't buy one because of the colours but will probably be placing an order for a blue Jazzmaster.

:D
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

robroe wrote:
mezzio13 wrote:I tried two Jazzys last night. Both were about the same in playability, fit, finish, etc.. They feel comfortable, the frets were a little thin for my taste, but the fingerboards were still awesome. The neck on the Sonic Blue was beautifully tinted, it was just a gorgeous guitar. Pups were ok, could be better, but still nice enough, and considering the price point of this guitar, an upgrade is a reasonable mod. Price point is $299, but Fender is offering a $25 incentive through July. $274!!!!! totally worth it. Now what to sell to get some $$$....

where foo????
At the X. Twin Village isn't going to even order them for a few weeks, and Jackson didn't have blue.
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

Just ordered Sonic Mustang, put a deposit down, with staff discount..... Mega Bargain, whoooo !!!!!!
TommyOD

Post by TommyOD »

Dying to get the green Jag, damn you low funds!
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

mezzio13 wrote:
robroe wrote:

where foo????
At the X. Twin Village isn't going to even order them for a few weeks, and Jackson didn't have blue.
I asked kimbo at twinvillage and she said fuckin november

what exact models does theX have? broefest roadtrip