Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Mustang

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

robroe wrote:
mezzio13 wrote:
robroe wrote:
where foo????
At the X. Twin Village isn't going to even order them for a few weeks, and Jackson didn't have blue.
I asked kimbo at twinvillage and she said fuckin november

what exact models does theX have? broefest roadtrip
The new VM anything was in the back still not out yet. She brought out a CAR and SB. They still have a 2TS and Butterscotch VM Jazzy of the last series. Had a LPB & CAR pawnshop Mustang, and some misc Strat/Tele stuff. More also, just didn't have time to look.
plaidbeer

Post by plaidbeer »

I got to check out the JM today at a local shop. They had the sonic blue and the olympic white. They didn't know when the Mustang and Jaguar were coming in, but they're on order there. The tort on the olympic white is really awful, at least to me. Both JMs felt fairly solid and seem well-built. The pickup selector could probably be replaced. Didn't play it through an amp much as it just wouldn't stay in tune. I think I'm holding off until the Mustang comes in so that I can check it out. The JM's body seemed huge to me after playing a Tele for the last few months.
cobascis

Post by cobascis »

Played the surf green jag today -- it looked and felt stellar. Trem arm slot looked at a bad angle like there was too much stress on it. Tiny strings , though. I'll be buying one of these when I recover from vast Coronado debt.
h8mtv

Post by h8mtv »

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

Al and I both played at THE X, in buffalo today:

i took my 99 AVRI FRD JAG to A/B things

squier JM SBL and CAR. SBL rolleys were so low they were below the fucking pickguard. CAR rolleys were normal. wtf?
squier SURF STRAT in SFG
squier hard tail jags both colors with double circley pots

fuck its hot

ummm

FENDER JAGUARILO THEY SHOULD NAME IT THE FUCKING RADALARIOO. it was as heavy as my jag (stupid heavy)

every other lower line jaguar that fender makes was on the wall.

the shop was silly, they had about 12 guitars we like and 2 strats.

2 STRATS !!!!! ive never seen anything like it.
plaidbeer

Post by plaidbeer »

robroe wrote:Al and I both played at THE X, in buffalo today:

i took my 99 AVRI FRD JAG to A/B things

squier JM SBL and CAR. SBL rolleys were so low they were below the fucking pickguard. CAR rolleys were normal. wtf?
squier SURF STRAT in SFG
squier hard tail jags both colors with double circley pots

fuck its hot

ummm

FENDER JAGUARILO THEY SHOULD NAME IT THE FUCKING RADALARIOO. it was as heavy as my jag (stupid heavy)

every other lower line jaguar that fender makes was on the wall.

the shop was silly, they had about 12 guitars we like and 2 strats.

2 STRATS !!!!! ive never seen anything like it.
How was the Surf Strat?
TommyOD

Post by TommyOD »

I started trawling through the topic to no avail, so I guess I'll just ask:

Anyone out there who's bought the Mustang that can tell me more about the pickups? People seem to be liking them enough when they try/buy them, but I'm wondering if people are finding them weak, or a bit rubbish after a while? I've never been a big fan of Duncan Designed pickups.

It's the only thing holding me back on seriously looking at buying one.
Noisy Cat

Post by Noisy Cat »

TommyOD wrote:I started trawling through the topic to no avail, so I guess I'll just ask:

Anyone out there who's bought the Mustang that can tell me more about the pickups? People seem to be liking them enough when they try/buy them, but I'm wondering if people are finding them weak, or a bit rubbish after a while? I've never been a big fan of Duncan Designed pickups.

It's the only thing holding me back on seriously looking at buying one.
Mustang pups are supposed to be weak.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Yeah, you described all Mustang pups there, although im sure a few will disagree. Squier usually do a good job on their pups and lets face it, they cant be worse than the ones fitted in 69RI's.
TommyOD

Post by TommyOD »

Fran wrote:Yeah, you described all Mustang pups there, although im sure a few will disagree. Squier usually do a good job on their pups and lets face it, they cant be worse than the ones fitted in 69RI's.
Noisy Cat wrote:Mustang pups are supposed to be weak.
Ah okay, my mistake there. Previous experience of bad duncan designed pickups was clouding my view.
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

TommyOD wrote:
Fran wrote:Yeah, you described all Mustang pups there, although im sure a few will disagree. Squier usually do a good job on their pups and lets face it, they cant be worse than the ones fitted in 69RI's.
Ah okay, my mistake there. Previous experience of bad duncan designed pickups was clouding my view.
Mustang pickups are weak sounding. Not for rock or heavy playing. Maybe for surf or blues and clean chords. I changed them to dimarzios humbuckers in single-coil format.

My original pickups were around 3.3 ohm so i would say they are around 6.4 the duncan designed a little hotter than the original.
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

TommyOD wrote:
Mustang pickups are weak sounding. Not for rock or heavy playing. Maybe for surf or blues and clean chords. I changed them to dimarzios humbuckers in single-coil format.

My original pickups were around 3.3 ohm so i would say they are around 6.4 the duncan designed a little hotter than the original.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

Meh. With the right pedals and amp settings, I can make stock mustang pickups sound like whatever I want.
Getting twang out of a super distortion, however... not quite as easy.
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

laterallateral wrote:Meh. With the right pedals and amp settings, I can make stock mustang pickups sound like whatever I want.
Getting twang out of a super distortion, however... not quite as easy.
Right! Seymour duncan pickup booster does that job well. And even the Boss eqalizer pedal with a little delay and reverb can do it nicley. But if you want it to sound good from only having the guitar plugged in the amp you have to change the pups.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

laterallateral wrote:Meh. With the right pedals and amp settings, I can make stock mustang pickups sound like whatever I want.
What, in your bedroom with your Line 6 pod?
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

No, but with some of the things that PODs emulate, though? Yes.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

laterallateral wrote:No, but with some of the things that PODs emulate, though? Yes.
You are a better man than I then.
Do an demo, do Sabbath riffz!!
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

Fran wrote:
laterallat eral wrote:No, but with some of the things that PODs emulate, though? Yes.
You are a better man than I then.
Do an demo, do Sabbath riffz!!
Or For the love of god with Steve Vai.
cobascis

Post by cobascis »

I regularly put my 65RI through fuzz and distortion to great effect. At least i think it is great effect.
Noisy Cat

Post by Noisy Cat »

cobascis wrote:I regularly put my 65RI through fuzz and distortion to great effect. At least i think it is great effect.
Me too and it sounds fine, but the high-output humbuckers on my Super-Sonic sound way better for that kind of stuff. The Stang is best for clean/moderate gain soundz.