Line 6 Pod Studio UX1/2 or Fender Mustang 1?

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

johnnyseven

Line 6 Pod Studio UX1/2 or Fender Mustang 1?

Post by johnnyseven »

I'm going to be buying a new laptop soon and want to get a recording package with suitable PC interface so that I can make simple demos. I've previously been recommended the Line 6 Pod Studio UX1/2 but I was wondering if I bought a Fender Mustang 1 amp and used the recording package that comes with it, Ableton Live Lite I believe, would it be any good? I assume that the Mustang amps can be used as PC interfaces as they come with recording software.
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

Anybody able to help? if you don't know about these specific recording software packages and interfaces i'm open to suggestions for others.
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

I'm going to be honest, i would buy the line 6 and just get amplitube 3 from pirate bay. Unless you don't have decent speakers on your pc or don't want to mic an amp.
George

Post by George »

I havent used the software with my mustang 1 for recording but it's a bloody excellent practice amp.
Mattsican

Post by Mattsican »

I've not used the Mustang I, but i know from experience that the Toneports kick serious ass. I had a UX1 and eventually upgraded to the UX2 and i still use it to this day. Its good for just jamming a long with and recording ideas. It also works really well if you dial in some good settings for full blown recording as well.
facebook.com/Steelscape
facebook.com/GetToMars
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

I can't recommend the ux1 highly enough It's a great bit of kit as well as part of my studio, I use it when I need to use my laptop live saves buying another expensive sound card...
XY
TommyOD

Post by TommyOD »

sp3k wrote:I'm going to be honest, i would buy the line 6 and just get amplitube 3 from pirate bay. Unless you don't have decent speakers on your pc or don't want to mic an amp.
This. If you're willing to go the not-so-legal route - I find this the best. Amplitube is extremely inspiring software, and I'd rather use their models over most other companies, especially Fender's built-in modelling.
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

Thanks chaps. I'm going to go for the Line 6, at the moment i'm not sure if it's going to be the UX1 or UX2 yet but as my birthday is coming up my girlfriend is going to buying it for me. Any suggestions what would be best for just recording guitar or bass for simple demos?
Johno

Post by Johno »

I have had a UX2 for a few years now & its ample for getting few ideas down. Comes with a basic edition of POD farm which has more than you will ever need & a copy of Ableton LE, of course you can always get Reaper if Ableton doesn't cut it for you. Think I also got a copy of Riffworks & Reason with mine.
So in short it has everything you need to get up and running, follow the tutortials on Ableton and you will be recoding in minutes...... well certainly within the hour.
You will prolly want some drums as plotting them in via a daw is a pain in the arse, so do yourself a favour and just get a copy of EZ Drummer or some variant & be done.