Grown Up Punk

so... this seems like a bargain...

Post by endsjustifymeans »

$185?
Shipped?
With hardware?

wow.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

the set looks fine, especially at that price. It looks like the shipping is all fucked up though, based on the reviews
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

down to $180. getting harder to refuse.
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

At that price this is pretty much a perfect little touring kit.
Take all the resos off and stack it like a Matryoshka doll. Throw it in the back of a van cause like, who cares?
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

$176!?!

I have the distinct feeling I'm buying these before the day is out. And I don't play drums.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

I say if you are or plan on being in a band that plays gigs in the near future and you have the space to store them, a drum kit is never bad thing to own.
Especially a beater kit that you don't mind letting other bands use and stuff.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

I do plan to be... and this is AWEFUL cheap... and I already have a cymbal set oddly...
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

Honestly, maybe this is just my own bad luck here but every occurrence of my selling a kit has been followed, in a matter of weeks, by circumstances in which I needed one like, yesterday. Again, this might just be bad luck but experience tells me that trying to get a good price on a decent quality, fairly complete used drum kit is insanely hard. Drummers always seem to have an exaggerated perception of what their setups cost in the real world, as opposed to how much they have invested in them...

The experience of trying to find one in a pinch has been frustrating enough for me to never want to sell mine, even if it ends up sitting in a closet for 10 years. I'm not going through that ever again. Ever.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

you got a 50% chance that the shitheels send you 3 boxes of drums and not one
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

robroe wrote:you got a 50% chance that the shitheels send you 3 boxes of drums and not one
All the feedback from 2012 is positive and says they got all boxes. I assume they got their shit worked out.

Plus I applied for the amazon credit card and got another $50 knocked off the total and didn't even have to use the credit card for the purchase. Got the whole shebang for under $130.

BARGAIN!
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

laterallateral wrote:Honestly, maybe this is just my own bad luck here but every occurrence of my selling a kit has been followed, in a matter of weeks, by circumstances in which I needed one like, yesterday. Again, this might just be bad luck but experience tells me that trying to get a good price on a decent quality, fairly complete used drum kit is insanely hard. Drummers always seem to have an exaggerated perception of what their setups cost in the real world, as opposed to how much they have invested in them...

The experience of trying to find one in a pinch has been frustrating enough for me to never want to sell mine, even if it ends up sitting in a closet for 10 years. I'm not going through that ever again. Ever.

the price of a shitty set of sabiens cost more than a squier jaguar. and you haven't even sniffed the drums at that point
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

endsjustifymeans wrote:
robroe wrote:you got a 50% chance that the shitheels send you 3 boxes of drums and not one
All the feedback from 2012 is positive and says they got all boxes. I assume they got their shit worked out.

Plus I applied for the amazon credit card and got another $50 knocked off the total and didn't even have to use the credit card for the purchase. Got the whole shebang for under $130.

BARGAIN!

fuck it then ill go all in for 130. they will match the set I got liam for next christmas
George

Post by George »

Fucking amazing score.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

robroe wrote:
endsjustifymeans wrote:

BARGAIN!

fuck it then ill go all in for 130. they will match the set I got liam for next christmas
fuck yeah man, plus I already have a workable set of cymbals (high hats, crash and ride) from when my drummer upgraded his.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

BAM! SPICEWEASEL!
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

robroe wrote:
endsjustifymeans wrote:

BARGAIN!

BTW... BUY BACK THE GIRLCASTER! $150 shipped.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

FUCK I JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK TO BUY IT AND THE FUCKING THING IS "UNDER REVIEW" AND NOT FOR SALE ???

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

this drumsest now costs 446 dollars.

did you get this fucking thing yet hanram ?
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

What the goddamn fuck.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

robroe wrote:this drumsest now costs 446 dollars.

did you get this fucking thing yet hanram ?
I did indeed. $127 bucks total. should be here by the 20th.

Package weighs over 130 pounds, makes me really appreciate the free shipping.

Pretty fucking awesome deal.