Squier Jaguar or Jazzmaster?

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

xxhoixx

VM Jaguar/Jazzmaster

Post by xxhoixx »

I just picked up one of each. The Jag is back ordered and the Jazzmaster is on its way. I play with 13's so hopefully won't have to switch out the bridges.
Rox

Post by Rox »

For the price you should get both. 2 Squiers are the price of 1 CP. Well worth it . Problem solved . **liam**
xxhoixx

Post by xxhoixx »

So I can't afford NOT to get them both? Actually, Guitar Center has it already but they have to "process" the order, so I won't have it until next week; efficiency at its best.
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

speedfish wrote:Georgie boy,

Don't want to open up a can of worms, so I removed intonation and replaced it with string tension... The effect isn't noticed when the string is played open or with an open harmonic, as when setting intonation, but can be experienced when chording or noting frets. Here's a quote from Tim Shaw that decribes better what I mean: " When you play a chord on a short-scale guitar, like most of the Gibsons used for blues, the strings 'blend' well and sound like a family singing together, like the Everly Brothers. On the other hand, chords played on the long-scale sound more like hired professional singers---clean and perfect, but without the blend." I like the blend, but have friends who have perfect pitch and they are continuously trying to tune the guitar to get that clean perfect sound that just isn't possible with the shorter scale. I also dig the short-scale because bends and left hand reach are much easier than with the long-scale and obviously I don't suffer with perfect pitch either. Sorry for any confusion my original statement may have caused.

Cool?
What the fuck?

Also, what does any of this have to do with perfect pitch? Do you even know what that is?
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

honeyiscool wrote:
speedfish wrote:Georgie boy,

Don't want to open up a can of worms, so I removed intonation and replaced it with string tension... The effect isn't noticed when the string is played open or with an open harmonic, as when setting intonation, but can be experienced when chording or noting frets. Here's a quote from Tim Shaw that decribes better what I mean: " When you play a chord on a short-scale guitar, like most of the Gibsons used for blues, the strings 'blend' well and sound like a family singing together, like the Everly Brothers. On the other hand, chords played on the long-scale sound more like hired professional singers---clean and perfect, but without the blend." I like the blend, but have friends who have perfect pitch and they are continuously trying to tune the guitar to get that clean perfect sound that just isn't possible with the shorter scale. I also dig the short-scale because bends and left hand reach are much easier than with the long-scale and obviously I don't suffer with perfect pitch either. Sorry for any confusion my original statement may have caused.

Cool?
What the fuck?

Also, what does any of this have to do with perfect pitch? Do you even know what that is?
Absolutely nothing if you don't hear the difference.
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

Something makes me think you don't understand what perfect pitch is.

All it is, it's the ability to hear an A and know that it's an A. That's it.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

honeyiscool wrote:Something makes me think you don't understand what perfect pitch is.

All it is, it's the ability to hear an A and know that it's an A. That's it.
Honey,

I can hear an A and know it's an A, but I have relative pitch. I have played with enough guys who possess "perfect pitch" to know the difference. The constant fucking tuning drives me crazy and it's always worse when they are trying to play on the shorter scale instrument. A guitar is an imperfect design and does not reproduce notes as perfectly as a piano. Many guitar players have tried to solve this dilema. Buzz Feiten is the first to come to mind. However, even limited by "relative pitch", I can still discern a distinct difference between chords played on a shortscale guitar vs played on a long scale.
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
so1om

Post by so1om »

poor john lennon and john fogarty with their really short guitars. they must have been tone def.
db

Post by db »

so1om wrote:poor john lennon and john fogarty with their really short guitars. they must have been tone def.
Ever heard Yoko sing?
cur

Post by cur »

db announces his presence with authority. 'Sup.

Awstin

Post by Awstin »

To follow up with this post.. I saw the seafoam green jag in person and it was real great but I just didn't have the urge to buy it or the jazz so I bought a mustang body and neck. Great quality guitars though! I saw the yellowed mustang too and I had to hold myself back from snagging it.
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
George

Post by George »

cur wrote:db announces his presence with authority. 'Sup.
Big things from this guy I think.