Pictures of your work bench

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Awstin

Pictures of your work bench

Post by Awstin »

Thought it would be cool for everyone to share their guitar work bench.

I made mine three years ago when I was 15 lol. It's an old wooden computer desk in my bedroom that I stapled a carpet to, hung up tools, an amp, a tuner, cleaning stuff, and other misc. guitar stuff. I also bought and installed these tube lights for better lighting. Then I have every tool you could think of for guitars in the top drawer and all guitar parts in the bottom drawer. I love it haha.

Untitled by punkacc9, on Flickr
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

Damn, that looks like something I'd add to the redesign of my room. I like it.
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

painted walls with blue DryLoc keeps water out. keeps guitars in.

work bench is a combo of surf green > sonic blue > daphne blue > lake placid blue. painted with left over house paint from the fender color walls of my rooms upstairs.

pegboard / skateboard shelf

loaded

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

all that fucking space and Al and I used a rubber pad and a book to work on

Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Haha love the colors! That's sweet.
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
cur

Post by cur »

Robroe's work space looks perfect for waterboarding.

Joey

Post by Joey »

I built mine outta 3/4" plywood that I found in the building. Had to buy the 2x4's and pegboard. The bench is 24' long x 30" deep.

After ripping the plywood for the bench... I used the scrap and built shelves. They are supported with brackets and 1/4" all thread rods that are anchored into from the board/roof. Without the rods, the shelves would collapse.

Addam

Post by Addam »

Jealous of the space and tools you Americans have.
My workbench is a 19" X 20" veneered chipboard coffee table with a router screwed underneath.
I do most of my work kneeling on the concrete floor of my 6' X 14' outdoor workshop AKA backyard.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I will post some when I get home later.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Joey

Post by Joey »

Do you own the property Adam? You should build a real shop, it makes a world of a difference.
Leisureclub

Post by Leisureclub »

My space is pretty big but it looks like a goddamn third world country compared to some of these! Just messy as shit.
Addam

Post by Addam »

Joey wrote:Do you own the property Adam? You should build a real shop, it makes a world of a difference.
I do actually, but being British seems to be a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to house prices and space.
My poor excuse for a pay packet does no favours either!
My back yard seriously is 6' x 14', though there are walls all round, so I'm thinking about building a roof over it and a semi decent work bench but I'm a little worried about thieves.
Joey

Post by Joey »

That's awful, I'd go nuts. If you ever decide to get serious about building, you can always check with local cabinet shops or Craigslist to find a shared work space. I usually see em for around $200 a month.
crazydave911

Post by crazydave911 »

AddamInsane wrote:
Joey wrote:Do you own the property Adam? You should build a real shop, it makes a world of a difference.
I do actually, but being British seems to be a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to house prices and space.
My poor excuse for a pay packet does no favours either!
My back yard seriously is 6' x 14', though there are walls all round, so I'm thinking about building a roof over it and a semi decent work bench but I'm a little worried about thieves.
A good idea...........put a roof over it and a floor under it. Use a good hefty door with a heftier padlock. Upon that door post this

This is my little room/shop

I don't have a good picture of my mascot but this is close

It's just a Kingsnake, but they have similar colors to a deadly Coral snake (most folks don't get close enough to see :lol: ). I also don't have many un-announced visitors either :lol:
"No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."
Leather Jacket

Post by Leather Jacket »

I always thought it was super cool that the Scarlett King snake masquerades as a Coral snake.

Red on yellow, kill a fellow..red on black, venom lack.