Best of the new VM Line?

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

lank81

Best of the new VM Line?

Post by lank81 »

Yea, so, my local shop and local GCs aren't carrying the new VM Squier guitars (jag, jazz, mustang) which totally sucks. I've seen some reviews on here and a few other sites but nothing that pits all of the models against each other. Out of the Jag, Jazz, and Mustang does one stand out more than the other? I'm itching to get at least one of these bad boys for now. I'm teetering between the Jag and Jazz I think.
Peace & Chicken Grease
GreenKnee

Post by GreenKnee »

I played them all a few weeks ago, and left with a Jazzmaster, but only because I have a mustang and jag already. They're all really good guitars, especially for the money. There are a few duds though, I played two jazzmasters, and one of them had a dodgy rhythm circuit switch that killed all sound to both circuits. One of the jags was setup so poorly all you could hear was buzz, but this is probably because of the ridiculous gauge 9 strings they ship on them.

I wouldn't recommend just ordering one online in case you get a dud, but I suppose you could always just send it back.

Here's mine next to my Jaggy:

Just buy all 3 ;)
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

I went for the Mustang because it too was missing from my arsenal. It's really great !!!

It had a few electrical noise issues which I sorted, but aside from that it is a really really solid guitar ! Neck pocket / finish / fretwork etc, all perfect !!

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them but try select one in person if you can or be willing to ship them back if you're unlucky.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

lookin' good, greenknee. solid choice.
GreenKnee

Post by GreenKnee »

Just need to find some witch-hat knobs for them both. I can only seem to find vintage ones on ebay for about £40 for a pair! :shock:
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Squier Jag feels a little more solid than Squier JM to me... but I like them both. Have not tried the stang.
gypsyseven

Post by gypsyseven »

I have a VM JM and really really love it. Much better than the Classic Player i had...
Will also add a surfgreen VM Jag to the family and add a tortoise pickguard...
[quote="Doog"]Another of life's great mysteries solved.

Next week: where does my room go when I turn off the lights?
Noisy Cat

Post by Noisy Cat »

I've got the VM Jag and the Jazz and love them both. (I used to have a CP Jag but sold it; the VM Jag is as good if not better than the CP.)

However, I really wasn't keen on the Jag's overly hot pickups and replaced them with AVRIs. The JM's stock pickups sound great to me.

But yeah, they're affordable enough to get both.

endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

I was gonna go for one of the mustangs, but now I'm biding my time to see how the fender supersonic turns out.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
gypsyseven

Post by gypsyseven »

Noisy Cat wrote:I've got the VM Jag and the Jazz and love them both. (I used to have a CP Jag but sold it; the VM Jag is as good if not better than the CP.)

However, I really wasn't keen on the Jag's overly hot pickups and replaced them with AVRIs. The JM's stock pickups sound great to me.

But yeah, they're affordable enough to get both.

Nice pair!!!!!!
[quote="Doog"]Another of life's great mysteries solved.

Next week: where does my room go when I turn off the lights?
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »