which is better

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

which jazzmaster is better?

80%
20%

Total votes: 5
b-spot

which is better

Post by b-spot »

i found these two jazzmasters for roughly 220$ each.
which is better, 1958, or 1961?

there both in the same condition. they look fairly original.
Pleasently Indifferent
nine

Post by nine »

Um, for 220 each, you'd BETTER BUY BOTH OF THEM, MOFO!

If you don't have the money for both of them I'll send you some to buy me whichever one you don't take.
superfuzz

Post by superfuzz »

i doubt that someones selling a 1958 or 1961 jazzmaster for two hundred, though if you can buy them do so, you could easily pedal them on here.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

nine wrote:Um, for 220 each, you'd BETTER BUY BOTH OF THEM, MOFO!

If you don't have the money for both of them I'll send you some to buy me whichever one you don't take.
Agreed. I'd gladly pay $220 for a vintage jazzy! Hell, I'd even be as nice to bump it up to $300 and let you keep the extra $80!
b-spot

Post by b-spot »

i'm weiry about the seller, hears the post.
http://www.jag-stang.com/Classifieds/in ... mfromid=19

[email protected] is the seller.

tell me what you guys think? i don't think the years are right though?
Pleasently Indifferent
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

call me a skeptic..but i very much doubt that is true...not that there isnt still bargins out there..i just dont believe it this time sorry.

Edit: i wrote that before you posted the link to the seller.
a google of Dexguitars shows me the guy is from nigera..i wont be doing any buisness with Dexguitars tbh.
Last edited by Hurb on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nine

Post by nine »

Oh my. That looks like a scam and a half. Be glad you asked here before you sent your money. Someone should point out to Rick that crap is in the for sale section of his website.
b-spot

Post by b-spot »

i googled it 3 days ago to, aparantly theres 2 places west africa and pennsylvania.
Pleasently Indifferent
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

A 1955 Stratocaster for $750?!?!?!?! A '53 Les Paul for $200?!?!?!? No question that that is a scam! There's no way in hell that any legit seller would sell guitars like that for that cheap!
Mo Law-ka
strictly roots

Post by Mo Law-ka »

i thought jm's were made in 1959 and after...
jcyphe wrote: Mo is the most sensible person in this thread.
icey wrote:and thats for the hatters (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

egads! jag-stang.com's classified section is horrible. it's an interesting idea to keep it separate, but that's just not very easy to get around.
nine

Post by nine »

dots wrote:egads! jag-stang.com's classified section is horrible. it's an interesting idea to keep it separate, but that's just not very easy to get around.
Yeah, it's kind of stupid. I'm sure there's some sort of flawed reasoning behind it. :D
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Don't buy from jag-stang.com's classifieds. It has way too many unknown sellers, most business conducted here is through community members we can trust 99% of the time. I bought a Jagmaster on there once for $120 thinking I was getting a good deal. The dude held onto my money for like a month after he said he'd send it, then sent the body and the neck seperated, together in the same box with no packing, so by the time it got to me....it was........um, relic'd to say the least. Emailed him, and the reply was "what the fuck did you do to that guitar? You bashed it with a hammer and now you want a refund?"

I don't even think you'll get ANY guitar if you send that person $220.
superfuzz

Post by superfuzz »

Mo Rocca wrote:i thought jm's were made in 1959 and after...
1958-1988(right something like that?) anyways a 1958 jazzy would be around five g's if memory serves.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

nine wrote:
dots wrote:egads! jag-stang.com's classified section is horrible. it's an interesting idea to keep it separate, but that's just not very easy to get around.
Yeah, it's kind of stupid. I'm sure there's some sort of flawed reasoning behind it. :D
The reasoning behind it is to stop the flame wars and arguements from taking place in the classifieds section. It is a good idea, although I do like the way we have it set up here because it's easier and you know who you're buying it from most of the time too.

I never bought anything off of it, I bought Blane's Mustang but not through the classifieds. I bought it from him before he could even put it up in the classifieds section! I sold my Alvarez to Robert original on there, and I attempted to sell my old sonic blue mustang on there back when they had the classifieds forum like we have here, where people could respond to the post. This little brat kid with the screen name Nirvanaphil (he was bassically the Landon/50watts of his day) offered me like $350 for it. I told him that if he waited like 2 weeks so I could see if I got any other offers, that I would possibly consider it. He waited two days and started yelling at me for not selling it to him because he made the first offer, even though it was way below what I was asking for it. I got a couple other higher offers, and eventually decided to just put it up on ebay. Nirvanaphil started posting tons of shit like "don't buy from Billy, he'll just fuck you over" and shit like that when I never fucked him over cause I never said that I would definitely sell it to him in the first place. For this reason, I support Greg's decision to make the classifieds section the way it is now.
superfuzz

Post by superfuzz »

Nick wrote:Don't buy from jag-stang.com's classifieds. It has way too many unknown sellers, most business conducted here is through community members we can trust 99% of the time. I bought a Jagmaster on there once for $120 thinking I was getting a good deal. The dude held onto my money for like a month after he said he'd send it, then sent the body and the neck seperated, together in the same box with no packing, so by the time it got to me....it was........um, relic'd to say the least. Emailed him, and the reply was "what the fuck did you do to that guitar? You bashed it with a hammer and now you want a refund?"

got any pics? what happened to the guitar? anyways that sucks dude.
DrBurke

Post by DrBurke »

Anyone who would attempt to buy anything from that ad is a naieve bonehead. How much more scammy could it be? It reeks!

Jazzmasters were made from '58 to '83 - but they're very rare after about '78 or so. Some of the early 80S ones had maple and dot strat necks, as if they no longer had the demand to produce Jazzmaster necks. I'm sure the parts were all 70s leftovers.
b-spot

Post by b-spot »

superfuzz wrote:
Nick wrote:Don't buy from jag-stang.com's classifieds. It has way too many unknown sellers, most business conducted here is through community members we can trust 99% of the time. I bought a Jagmaster on there once for $120 thinking I was getting a good deal. The dude held onto my money for like a month after he said he'd send it, then sent the body and the neck seperated, together in the same box with no packing, so by the time it got to me....it was........um, relic'd to say the least. Emailed him, and the reply was "what the fuck did you do to that guitar? You bashed it with a hammer and now you want a refund?"

got any pics? what happened to the guitar? anyways that sucks dude.
ya i got some pics, only one of each, and i'm pretty sure i've seen the pics before. i would ask him a question and it would take 20mins for a response (over msn!).

also, the backgrounds for the pics don't even match?
he want's a western union pay thing, fhuck that!
i'm not even gonna bother with him, i think i'll just buy that squier CAR jazzbass i've always wanted.

***pm me ur email if you want the pics***
Pleasently Indifferent
louis
fuckin' A

Post by louis »

DEW ITTT!!!!!!!!
Twitter: @fearthelivinguk
theshadowofseattle wrote:Nothin' but orange groves and black augs, as far as the eye could see.
b-spot

Post by b-spot »

OMFG!!!
this guy just said he has fifty of each!!!
now i am one-hundred-percent sure he is full of shit!!!

here's our convo from 2 minutes ago:

b-spot says:
hello,
b-spot says:
are you there?
Talon Walker says:
yeah am here
Talon Walker says:
attending to some customers
b-spot says:
i've been talking to some people and they say this sounds like a scam, also that i should never pay with cash wires, only checks and money orders
Talon Walker says:
how do you mean ???
Talon Walker says:
there's no one will ever tell you that's not safe
b-spot says:
they way you demand payment, the price of the guitars, only having one photo of each guitar
Talon Walker says:
what do you think now?
Talon Walker says:
have told you that we only accept payment via money gram and western union
Talon Walker says:
do you think we can scam you from USA with the sum of 300$
b-spot says:
well, ive had a friend who baught a guitar from someone like you, the person kept his money for a month before shipping the guitar, and when it came it was all in pieces
b-spot says:
also they say it's strange that the guitar is all brad new when the pictures clearly have scratches
Talon Walker says:
rememeber i told you that ,that's just the pictures we show the buyers we have them in store
b-spot says:
so those are not the guitars in the pictures
Talon Walker says:
this are just the advert for the guitars ,we have them in store and that's what we are gonna ship for you
b-spot says:
so what year are they from?
Talon Walker says:
the year you want that's what we gonna send for you
b-spot says:
how many of each do you have?
Talon Walker says:
50 per each
b-spot says:
how do you have 50 of each guitar!? are they even real fenders? are they really from 1958?
Talon Walker says:
of cos
Talon Walker says:
am very sure cos you havent buy from us that's why you are having all this doubt
Talon Walker says:
but if you buy this am very sure that you will go and get slomeone to come and but from us
Talon Walker says:
i dont think i have any reasons to collect your money and run away from you
b-spot says:
i would really like to see some pictures of the ones you have in the store
b-spot says:
i'm no longer worried about you taking my money, i believe your a fair person, i would just like to see some of the guitars in your store.
Talon Walker says:
seems you have doubt on this
Talon Walker says:
am not falsing you Okay
Talon Walker says:
i have so many customers to attend to
Talon Walker says:
if you know you are buying it pay for it and see if this is real or now
Talon Walker says:
if i send it to you and you are not Okay with it you can send it back to me and i will return your money back to you
b-spot says:
i would just prefer to see at least 2 pictures of the guitaryou have in the store, the 1958 jazzmaster
Pleasently Indifferent