NGD - Italia Mondial, and not an MIM 70s Strat

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Yeah, they have a wooden back and a plastic top. I love the way Italia's look but they're massively overpriced primarily because they can get away with it because there's nothing else besides Eastwoods that do what they do. And Eastwoods are the same, mid-level prices for entry-level quality guitars. But entry-level guitars that look pretty unique.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

Hold on, is that the Italia model that has the two outputs, one for an acoustic pickup? I like it, especially the color on it. I'd probably like it better than a Les Paul.
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Yep, it's got a piezo. Because, you know, piezos sound great.

(with my apologies, not meaning to mock your new kit quite so much, glad your chum's happy, but haeting on piezos)
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

Doesn't sound bad when combined with the magnetic pickups
[youtube][/youtube]

Also I guess for the same amount of money, you could get the Epiphone Ultra III Les Paul, which sounds pretty great to me, especially since you don't need a stereo set up to fully utilize it.
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Mixing piezo sounds with magnetic pickups is a better method of getting acoustic sounds on-stage than using an acoustic. It makes a barrel of sense and sounds great.

Separate outputs, however, is dumb. Well, sort of. I can see why they did it.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
NickS

Post by NickS »

mkt3000 wrote:I think this guitar may have belonged to a friend of mine a while back. There's no Italia dealer here, so it's highly unlikely that it's not his old one. Same color, same model.

He already offered to buy it off of me.
Cool.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

I like Italias. I really still want a Mondial II (wooden model) but can't justify any more guitars.

I think it's cool, and a pretty lateral trade in today's used market if you ask me-though factoring in that nice case the strat came in I'm not sure. The Italias are not badly made guitars and in my opinion much more interesting than a black strat.

However I will say my Dad owns a 90's MIJ 70's classic that I set up for him once. It's definitely one of the nicer strats I've played.

So I guess I'm divided, but at the end of the day it comes down to what you like more.
kypdurron

Post by kypdurron »

Over here they charge you 699 € for a Classic 70s Strat and 599 for a Italia Mondial. So given that the Strat is much older, it's no completely insane trade. And once you have some Fenders, is there really a need for another? I could see myself getting a piezo packed humbucker guitar at some point, but I wouldn't buy another Fender guitar, as long as there are about 4 or 5 around me ...
Obi Wan says: The Jundland Wastes are not to be traveled lightly.

strat-talk says: Shortscale is a crazy place. There seems to be no rules at all and they're all insane!
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

daftsupernova wrote:Doesn't sound bad when combined with the magnetic pickups
[youtube][/youtube]
Damn, that Andy makes that thing sound intriguing. Nice score!
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister