uke players?

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

the current nylon setup was junk, im fairly certain that the guages were mixed up as well.
i wish i had my shop on hand, i would rip off the fretboard and bridge and make the scale a bit longer and fix a trapeze piece on it. the current bridge is screwed on, i honestly don't think its glued, but i guess i will find out soon enoufgh.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

The gauges confused me at first I couldn't get my head round the g being higher pitched than the c, I bought a set of strings with a low g but it didn't sound like a uke any more so I put the old ones back on.
XY
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

I have a bari-uke, and love it. It's not a particularly nice one, but it does the job.
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

I have a decently made soprano. Set me back about 200 bones, but stays in tune and projects well.

On a related note, these locally made Tomos have been popping up a bit as of late, and although they're pricey (about $370) and rather heavy, they seem like a lot of fun...I'd be tempted to string it up like a mandolin.

Imagine this with a mini POG running the low octave.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Image Image