NGD- J Mascis Jazzmaster

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

singlepickup24 wrote:
mkt3000 wrote:Kinda sucks this happened on a brand new guitar, but I like this neck so much, that I don't want to send it back.
Do you agree with others that the neck is kinda chunky?
Definitely agree.
singlepickup24 wrote:
mkt3000 wrote:Kinda sucks this happened on a brand new guitar, but I like this neck so much, that I don't want to send it back.
Did you find there's a significant tonal difference with the new pickguard?
Not really. If anything, I THINK I hear a little bit more low end.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

I'm starting to like the sound of chunky...
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

And... updates.

I fixed the electrical issue. It ended up being that the Rhythm/Lead switch had crapped out. So after I did the tone knob mod on the excelsior, I put that switch into the guitar, and voila! Perfection.

Anyway, aside from that, it's now got a matching headstock and a roller bridge. The only thing I've got left to do on it is I want to do a series mod via a push-pull switch.

Later on down the road though, my tech offered to respray the body for free, since the headstock isn't a 100% match. It's really close, but not perfect. Basically, it yellowed a bit when it dried.

And pic!

And yes, that is a Fender decal. The tech put it on there.

Unlike other people though, this is what the back of the headstock says:

So if I ever sell it, it sells as a Squier. But I've got zero intention of doing that though. I love how it sounds and how it plays.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
louis
fuckin' A

Post by louis »

wow, Pau1k going for the long-play this time! hahaha!

Glad you like it, I love mine (ex-lorez'). Didn't think I'd get on with the neck at first but its really grown on me, especially the satin finish. I've found it to be much more versatile than you'd expect a signature guitar to be, it has the crunch and growl for when I'm playing with the band, but can also produce some ridiculously nice clean sounds, along with the classic 'trashy' garage sound.

Love it.
Twitter: @fearthelivinguk
theshadowofseattle wrote:Nothin' but orange groves and black augs, as far as the eye could see.
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

louis wrote:wow, Pau1k going for the long-play this time! hahaha!
BINDING AND BLOCKZ NEXT!! I'M GONNA TOTALLY MODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Seriously though, I've been using it with my Mustang II all weekend, and with the Vox/British Invasion settings, it's a seriously jangly guitar. I really wish that there was a 4 way toggle switch a-la 4 way tele slider switch, so I could do both pickups in series as well. With that, I could seriously consider this as my main guitar.
Last edited by mkt3000 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
louis
fuckin' A

Post by louis »

mkt3000 wrote:
louis wrote:wow, Pau1k going for the long-play this time! hahaha!/quote]

BINDING AND BLOCKZ NEXT!! I'M GONNA TOTALLY MODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Seriously though, I've been using it with my Mustang II all weekend, and with the Vox/British Invasion settings, it's a seriously jangly guitar. I really wish that there was a 4 way toggle switch a-la 4 way tele slider switch, so I could do both pickups in series as well. With that, I could seriously consider this as my main guitar.
I'm using mine through my mustang V, nasty metal stuff I'm using 90's stack with an overdrive pedal 'on' about half way. For the clean stuff, I think its a deluxe (65 I think) with gain at about 3.5 and volume up to 7. If playing through headphones bang on the stereo tape delay with the seperation at max, time at max (quickest), level at max. Gives a nice big sound.
Twitter: @fearthelivinguk
theshadowofseattle wrote:Nothin' but orange groves and black augs, as far as the eye could see.