purple-pank-stang sighting

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

cur

purple-pank-stang sighting

Post by cur »

Local musician Lonnie Walker playing after RailHawks game last night. Nice mustang.

paul_

Post by paul_ »

fuck yeah Calpolstang
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
rich

Post by rich »

hey! that's my bud, brian! i love that guitar.
rich

Post by rich »

and i'm thinking the dude that sold that to him is the same dude that sold me my squier duo sonic. could be mistaken, though.
Boddah47

Post by Boddah47 »

cool :lol: :lol:
cur

Post by cur »

Rich, you playing in the triangle anytime this summer? Cool you know the guy and guitar. I loved the color with the black guard.

rich

Post by rich »

not too many summer shows but we're probably going to plan an lp release show in early-mid june. one of our dudes is moving and
i'm getting married soon so we're a little slower than usual.
rich

Post by rich »

not too many summer shows but we're probably going to plan an lp release show in early-mid june. one of our dudes is moving and
i'm getting married soon so we're a little slower than usual.
rps-10

Post by rps-10 »

paul_ wrote:fuck yeah Calpolstang
coffee over laptop time /parent
Mike wrote:All my LEDs are bright, the blues are bright as all hell.
mezzio13 wrote:JJ makes sweeps look easy and effortless. His nick name should be broom.
vinylbandit

Post by vinylbandit »

That is indeed my former Mustang.

It's a '66, and aside from the purple paint and black Allparts guard, it was all original when I got it somewhere around 1998. It had a bad repro headstock decal that I quickly removed. The pickup covers are original, but a previous owner had cut rectangles in the tops to exposes the pole pieces. I guess he was going for the same effect as removing the covers on an LP.

When the tips broke off the slider switches, I had the three-way switch added, as at the time I was using the Duo-Sonic I'd eventually sell to rich and it was more comfortable. The phase switching is now controlled by a push-pull pot under the tone knob.

The guy in the photo had been bugging me to sell it to him since high school, and once I got myself firmly in the slab mahogany/P-90 camp, I did. I still wish I hadn't, though I've had plenty of short scales and sold them all, so it's probably for the best. Off the top of my head:

Purple 'stang
CV Duo-Sonic
'64 Musicmaster II
'66 Duo-Sonic II
'93 MIM Duo-Sonic
'96 Jagmaster

and one more I can't remember. I'm sure no one really cares about this info, but it was fun to comb through it!
cur

Post by cur »

Small world when you can post a pic of a guitar you think is cool from a local gig and another guy in a weird web community knows all about it and then tells a friend. I am assuming Rich cued you in on this?

Also, welcome aboard vinyl. Are you in the Triangle? I am in Cary, but work in Raleigh.

FredJr

Re: purple-pank-stang sighting

Post by FredJr »

cur wrote:Image
Local musician Lonnie Walker playing after RailHawks game last night. Nice mustang.
Way cool color - gotta be a custom. One thing's sure - you won't run into another one anytime soon!!!