Some new Fenders seemed to have leaked...

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

Love the basses, another stupid Jazz variant, not sure how I feel about the Mustang, perhaps could have benefited from Jag trem, however I think that would make it too alien. I just don't think you can tinker with the original Mustang pickup config without making it look clumsy and ugly.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Fender, make me a black aerodyne-type Jaguar with binding and blocks all over the damn place and I will punch a little girl in the face for the opportunity to touch it.

For now, though, I'm not really interested.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
gofive

Post by gofive »

Not really liking any of those.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

love it? black guard needs to go

dots wrote:incesticide
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

Available in Three-Color Sunburst, Olympic White, Faded Sonic Blue and Frost Red.
oooh.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

When I see pickup rings mounted to a pickguard I reach for my revolver.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Only guitar in this thread I'd play is the honeyburst mustang...providing it was fitted to a proper mustang guard and pickups.

That jazz bass looks good but those plates make playing difficult more than anything. Especially once you move the thumbrest to the correct side of the strings.
sholkham

Post by sholkham »

The Jazzblaster would look better with metal pickup covers, the Mustang look pretty nice though.
George

Post by George »

fender are still ballsing everything up by not putting a jag tremolo on a mustang
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

George wrote:fender are still ballsing everything up by not putting a jag tremolo on a mustang
+1
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Exciting stuff, Fender. Well done.
Shabba.
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

othomas2 wrote:
Fucking shit guys, would it KILL you to add the fucking binding?! You throw the blocks on da maple and you're 75% done man, fucking finish the fight dudes!
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

Nick wrote:Especially once you move the thumbrest to the correct side of the strings.
I think that's the ''slap and pop'' configuration but yeah, fuck it in the face anyway.
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Jesus, that Mustang is a MUTANT
Concretebadger

Post by Concretebadger »

Freddy V-C wrote:
George wrote:fender are still ballsing everything up by not putting a jag tremolo on a mustang
+1
+2

I find the string angle between the bridge and tailpiece of a Mustang is too short. The bridge on mine keeps tipping away from the trem, because that angle gives more sideways pressure and less downwards. The JM/Jag trem doesn't seem to suffer from the same issue.

That honeyburst is hawt btw.
Richard

Post by Richard »

BillClay wrote:Fucking shit guys, would it KILL you to add the fucking binding?! You throw the blocks on da maple and you're 75% done man, fucking finish the fight dudes!
+fiftybillion

Block inlays without binding can fuck right on off. Fender blew it hard on that one.
skip wrote:satan rules
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Richard wrote:
+fiftybillion

Block inlays without binding can fuck right on off. Fender blew it hard on that one.

+ another 50,000,000,000.

Someone at the factory got the classic bulbous Fender headstock squeezed just right, resulting in all neck binding to ooze into completely unnecessary pickup rings.

Way to go, dorks.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

they're probably painted on blocks anyway.

I think it would be way cooler with rosewood+B&B like the ventures jazzy.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Fender wrote:Dimension basses (2004-2007). A mid-2000s entrant in the “other� Fender bass arena was the Dimension IV Bass and its five-string version, the Dimension V Bass, both released in 2004. Like the concurrent Zone basses, the two Dimension models were designed as yet another more contemporary alternative to the omnipresent Precision and Jazz. The Dimension basses were player’s instruments in the $1,000 range, and while they certainly weren’t the first Fender basses to have two-octave necks, active circuitry, no pickguard and tuners on both sides of the headstock, they were unusual among Fender basses of any era in that they had tilt-back headstocks. As was the case with several previous “other� Fender basses with modern looks and features, the Dimension IV and V were solidly built, smooth-feeling, good sounding instruments that never really caught on. After three years, they were discontinued in 2007.
other-fender-basses-part-iii-early-1990spresent
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Ew p90s are ugly as fuck. But I love that honey burst. That block inlay jazz master is hot too.
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.