Fender is going Warmoth with this one.

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

APARENTLY THE MEXICAN BODY IS LOS WHICH IS MEXICAN FOR SHIT OUTTA LUCK

dots wrote:incesticide
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

robroe wrote:
SUCK MY MYSTIC DICK.
LMFAO +1
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

When I first saw this I had the same reaction. Wtf is this mystic shit and why is it over $100 more? They must of added "magic" in the paint and a hint of more glitter. haha
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
jbuonacc

Post by jbuonacc »

(dumb question not worth starting a thread for, and this seems almost appropriate...)

in general, will a Strat neck fit on a Tele body with no problems? any combinations that won't work for sure? i love the look of the early 70s Tele Deluxe, but the pick guard makes me ill. might consider building something custom in the future.
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

jbuonacc wrote:(dumb question not worth starting a thread for, and this seems almost appropriate...)

in general, will a Strat neck fit on a Tele body with no problems? any combinations that won't work for sure? i love the look of the early 70s Tele Deluxe, but the pick guard makes me ill. might consider building something custom in the future.
Tele neck will fit on strat
Strat neck won't fit on tele without routing the neck pocket.

That's how it used to be, maybe fender got smart somewhere along the way and programmed the cnc machines to make the heels the same.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

robroe wrote:LOL THE AMERICAN BODY MADE OF ALDER IS 399.99 WITH SOME STUPID FUCKING EXTRA ROUTE IN IT.

THE MEXICAN BODY MADE OF ALDER IS 169.99 WITH NO STUPID FUCKING EXTRA ROUTE IN IT.

SUCK MY BALLS ITS ALL MADE OUT OF THE SAME FUCKING TREE. FUCK.
They've made it so you can do a standard Tele, Fat Tele or Nashville Tele, and also included a micro-tilt. No mojo but ultimate versatility for a project.
And the Mexican body does have annoying superflous CNC routes, as on the CV Tele... only certain vintage reissues/US standards don't now, I think, not even sure anymore.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

its almost like everyone read what aen and i said and just thought, "huh, well thats nice, im glad fender STARTED doing this just recently"
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

BillClay wrote:
jbuonacc wrote:(dumb question not worth starting a thread for, and this seems almost appropriate...)

I thought it was the other way around. a strat neck is like a tele neck that's been rounded off. so basically a strat neck will fit in a tele route with some space. but a tele neck cant fit in the slightly smaller strat route.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

^Dat

Tele heel is longer than Strats, but a Strat heel's deepest point (the tip of the rounded bit) is at the same distance from the last fret as the Tele's is, so you can put a Strat neck on a Tele so the screw holes line up and it'll intonate fine, but there will be gaps galore and it won't be the most stable setup. To put a Tele neck on a Strat you either have to sand the heel curvy or route the neck pocket.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

Mages wrote:
BillClay wrote:

I thought it was the other way around. a strat neck is like a tele neck that's been rounded off. so basically a strat neck will fit in a tele route with some space. but a tele neck cant fit in the slightly smaller strat route.
Can't believe I wrote that. You are totes right and I am literally losing my mind apparently.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

im still loling about mystic red and blue

looks just like the affinity metallic red and blue

shitty
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

HAHAHAHAHWAHAHAHAHAHA
This replacement body is for a Fender or Squier® by Fender guitar.
http://www.fender.com/necks-bodies/stra ... mystic-red
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

robert(original) wrote:its almost like everyone read what aen and i said and just thought, "huh, well thats nice, im glad fender STARTED doing this just recently"
First we got old, now we get ignored. It's the cycle of life.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
George

Post by George »

BillClay wrote:

its actually the exact opposite but either way i didn't feel right having the neck not locked in place when i put a strat neck on a tele. kind of unsupported. probably just in my head though
jbuonacc

Post by jbuonacc »

thanks for the info on the Tele/Strat necks!

i remember a friend putting together this combination about 15+ years ago, but now that you mention it i do recall something being "not right" about it.

looks like my plans have changed a bit.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

daftsupernova wrote:HAHAHAHAHWAHAHAHAHAHA
They've put that in the product description for fender-licensed parts (allparts, etc) for years.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

paul_ wrote:
daftsupernova wrote:HAHAHAHAHWAHAHAHAHAHA
They've put that in the product description for fender-licensed parts (allparts, etc) for years.
Yes, but unlike those parts, this is a $400 dollar body, worth more than an entire Squier guitar. This is why I laugh.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

Also they apparently took the page down :roll:
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)