Handmade Custom Jazzmaster plus more!!!!

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

GHOSTLYxSTRAT

Handmade Custom Jazzmaster plus more!!!!

Post by GHOSTLYxSTRAT »

Hey!! greetings all I've seen alot of other people showing off their custom builds so i just wanted to show off mine here are some pictures of me and my old mans custom guitars we built from scratch.

Anyways this is how we make guitars down under in NZ lol.

1st off is a Jazzmaster:

Well here it is, has 2 seymour duncan pickups, wood pickup rings, 1meg pots, sperzel staggered locking tuners, the same jazzmaster circuit, jazzmaster/jag trem tailpiece mounted flush with the body for that better break angle, and a TOM bridge.

As for the wood its american cherry so its very solid, inlayed 5mm thick mahogany with an inlayed pinstripe it's not painted on!!!

And for anyone wondering yes we are sorting out a logo for it and we are putting strap buttons on it.

And Should I demo it? but be warned i'm no Jimi Hendrix.

2nd is a Custom thinline Tele:

3rd is a Custom Thinline Strat:

The strat was changed abit such as the headstock knobs etc... but sold it not long after making it and these are the only photos i could find of it

And sorry for the long thread lol hope you like it. Thanks :)
NickS

Post by NickS »

Impressive. I don't like the Strat so much, though, that particular wood on the front looks like the veneer inside my wardrobe - but as you sold it OK, you must know what your market likes. :)
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Wow! I really like those. I think I'd like to see the strat with the same sort of inlaid pickguard idea as the jazzy but really they are all absolutely splendid builds. I love the attention to deatil like the recessed trem tailpiece, the carving of wood around pups etc. Great craftsmanship!

Would love to see your take on a Les Paul!
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Very impressive! Reminds me of Bill Bigsby's custom made guitars. How much do yours sell for?
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
George

Post by George »

they look great. i love the look of that tele!
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

speedfish wrote: How much do yours sell for?
Chaps - be a little careful here. if this becomes a discussion of OPs own business then it really needs to become a WHorehouse thread and it would be a shame to move it to there. Please keep any business discussion to PMs or in a dedicated WHorehouse thread. In fact, I encourage you to start one there if you sell these on a regular basis: We're more than happy for Shortscalers to promote their wares over there!
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Dave wrote:
speedfish wrote: How much do yours sell for?
Chaps - be a little careful here. if this becomes a discussion of OPs own business then it really needs to become a WHorehouse thread and it would be a shame to move it to there. Please keep any business discussion to PMs or in a dedicated WHorehouse thread. In fact, I encourage you to start one there if you sell these on a regular basis: We're more than happy for Shortscalers to promote their wares over there!

Dave,

Right. Not looking at buying. Too damn poor for custom guitars, but am curious if making a living is still possible from building custom made guitars. The amount of time put into these guitars must be insane and I would imagine that the price for one should be as well.

GhostlyxStrat,

forget the cost. How many guitars do you build in one year?

My one and only criticism is that if you want to remain true to Leo Fender's vision for the perfect guitar, then lose the 3 bolt neck plate. Leo would not approve. Otherwise great job!

8)
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

the guitar body's look SO GOOD. and the headstocks look SO BAD

its like you painted the mona lisa, then got to the point where you are supposed to put hair on her and was like eh' fuck it, im done.

dots wrote:incesticide
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

GhostlyStrat meet the legendary Robroe.

Rob - what would you do instead?! I think it would be interesting to see the same design ethic in the bodies rolled over onto the headstocks too. Maybe veneered with the same wood...and an inset ebony wood brand name! but honestly it didn't even occur to me as a bad thing
GHOSTLYxSTRAT

Post by GHOSTLYxSTRAT »

Thanks everyone for the comments!! not trying to advertise these guitars for sale just want to show them off tbh LOL. We are located in a little country called New Zealand and never showed these guitars to anyone overseas before so it's nice to see what you people from all around the world think of them.

As for the headstocks we have been trying to design our own logos and headstocks shapes. (as you can tell from the strat lol)

and we do both 3 bolt and 4 bolt necks depending on the guitar :)

Hope everyone understands. :)

Can really tell you how much guitars we build in 1 year tbh either lol but here are some more photos of work in progress:

Arch top Tele:

A "Sandwich" jazzmaster:

Last edited by GHOSTLYxSTRAT on Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GHOSTLYxSTRAT

Post by GHOSTLYxSTRAT »

Also the wood is inlaid mahogany it's not veneer just thought i would let everyone know lol. (not trying to sound arrogant) :P
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

GHOSTLYxSTRAT wrote:Also the wood is inlaid mahogany it's not veneer just thought i would let everyone know lol. (not trying to sound arrogant) :P
not at all! Lovely work all round. No problem showing off here at all. As I say, if you do fancy having a commercial presence on SS feel free to start an additional thread in our 'Whorehouse' subforum and that is a great place to pimp your commercially available creations as well as discuss business with prospective customers etc. Never know, a member might well jump on one! But of course I'd love to see more photos here too ;)

Additionally we are always happy to see a commercial builder sell something at a 'bro-deal' type price in our Classifieds section. The unspoken rule is simply that our classifieds are not for normal commercial sales and they must be at a somewhat reduced price. As an example we have a couple or three excellent and respected pedal builders on site who both regularly update us with their new builds in the Whorehouse and, in the event they have something that a customer didn't pay for (or just bring the lovely people they are) then they pop it in the classifieds at lower than market price. Just a thought!

Have you thought about tackling a Mustang or Jaguar? Do you ever consider making just the bodies available to put normal fender necks on?
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

the sides on the sandwichmaster rule
dots wrote:incesticide
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

robroe wrote:sandwichmaster
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

These totally scream nature. Loving the sandwhichmaster
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
GHOSTLYxSTRAT

Post by GHOSTLYxSTRAT »

Thanks for all the info, as for making a jaguar we proply will end up making one will most likely be similar to the jazzmaster but with a 24" scale or might even convert the sandwich jazzy into one we are not sure yet. The mustang after we finish our current builds yes!!! (i own a squier mustang and most likely am going to order the new modern player one or kurt cobain sig) as the mustang is probably my most favorite shaped guitar and I love those trems (is it crazy i like those trem/vibrato systems). We will be exploring other ideas and are even coming up with our own ideas for body shapes.

As for making bodies that fit Fender necks we could if we really wanted to lol.
GHOSTLYxSTRAT

Post by GHOSTLYxSTRAT »

Also we are also coming up with ideas to make our own bridges and trem systems. :P
StevePirates

Post by StevePirates »

Those look really really nice.
Hell is other people.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

im loving the carved top.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Don't know how ya'll do it down yonder in New Z and all.... but where I'm from it's "sammichmaster"

Impressive work sir