bound neck jaguar

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

i don't usually stand around guitar center taking pictures of guitars, i let douche bags do that for me, like you.
in all reality tho, it was hanging on a "used" wall sorta in the corner and i noticed and thought it odd, but cool since it had binding, and a couple weeks later i noticed that they moved it closer to the "normal" used guitar area. the finish is way too pale, and the lack of a real jaguar decal is offputting.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Still. The binding is cool as hell. I don't understand why they make awesome limited editions of poop guitars. It was a guitar center exclusive too I think. Why didn't they do it with a classic player jag or something. My Sonoran is a guitar center exclusive. It's seafoam green with binding everywhere.
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
robert(original)

o hells yea, if they would have thrown that on a classic player, there would have been no questions, i would have picked it up the day i saw it, i love that transition look of binding and dots.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Here's my Sonoran. Not actually mine but same one. http://www.sheltonsguitars.com/2008/10- ... 28-08.html
robert(original)

its a hardtail, my memory lied to me, i thought it had a trem on it.
only 459.00 tho, and that seems like a good deal to me, tho i won't be spending money on something that i would have to completely overhall.
i would have to re-decal it, re-finish the body, add a floating vibrato unit. add the rythm section. and change out the guard and pups. way too much just for a bound neck. even if i just got it for the neck i would feel like a complete tint re-fin with new decal would be in order.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Buy it and sell the loaded body on ebay
robert(original)

unless i could get 400.00 for the loaded body i wouldn't dick with it. thats just me tho, i still need to pay of jim, only like 200 bucks, but still, and im actively hunting a cheap banjo, or a 25 dollar mandolin. so, blech.
in my mind, if it doesn't have single, controls, and the unique floating vibrato system then it just isn't a jaguar(o, and the scale)
so basically, its just a shortscale.... something or other, the decal, uggghh gawd damn the decal, the jazzy im getting from jim is getting a proper decal almost asap! i know i have some in an envelope somewhere but i may just buy another set for shits and giggles.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Yeah and the truss rod adjustment on top throws it off too. Fuck fender for putting awesome binding on shit guitars.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

BIGSBY THAT MUTHA.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

aen wrote:BIGSBY THAT MUTHA.
The GC right next to me has a couple of these (new) and I want one just for that reason. Throw some filter-trons and witch hats on it and call it good. It's not a real Jaguar but who cares? These are damn nice guitars for the price; felt nicer than Squier or MIC Fender to me. MIM if memory serves, but way nicer than blacktop models. Same quality as Classic Player models essentially.
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

Dave wrote:Image
OHHAIGUISE
8)
Joey

Post by Joey »

Seen this on local CL for $450, surf green and bound