Starcaster Reissue, Coronado Reissue, and bass versions!

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

BoringPostcards

Post by BoringPostcards »

Remulak wrote:WRHBs seem like an odd option for the Starcaster.
Det er mig der holder træerne sammen
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

Why do they not have EMG 81 & 85 like the originals ?

Need more news, this is all killing me. I want a Starcaster so badly, wherever it happens to be made.
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

ZenJenga wrote:
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
astro

Post by astro »

Was there ever a Starcaster bass back in the vintage days? Or is this a completely new invention? Either way it looks cool and I look forward to trying one out. I assume it will have the WRHB bass mudbuckers?

I'm glad Fender are finally embracing their heritage and moving beyond just making a million variations of strats/teles/p-bass/j-bass models. First the offset/mustang renaissance and now this. It's about time. Makes me wonder what's next, an electric XII? Bass V? Bronco? Can the more oddball fenders, like the swinger or the maverick be far behind? At this point anything's possible. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they reissue the Katana now.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Yes there were, but very few. Youtube link that I can't figure out how to embed from my phone.

A Bronco or even a Swinger reissue wouldn't surprise me at all. I can't see a Maverick reissue happening until someone famous adopts one as their main guitar.
skip wrote:satan rules
StevePirates

Post by StevePirates »

Or until Punkacc starts a project making one. That'll spur them to make it for sure.
Hell is other people.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

StevePirates wrote:Or until Punkacc starts a project making one. That'll spur them to make it for sure.
I'm still waiting for my jagstang bass to spark something. 8)

By the way. I think there were 4 starcaster bass's made. Two sunbursts, two naturals. Or it might of just been two. One sunbursts and one natural. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

The thing that pisses me off the most about this reissue is that everyone will have them now. I can't make people cream their pants as much when I finish my starcaster as I would have liked. :(
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
dub

Post by dub »

Well, they're not doing them in Pelham, so you have that... and the increased awareness will allow you to net a larger price if/when you flog it off later.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Some bloke on Offset e-mailed Fender about these and got the following reply:
Fender wrote:We are still in the final R&D phase with these products so we don’t have any information as far as detailed specs, price or availability. We are looking at a release date before the end of the year if all goes as planned so we should have more information then.
Hopefully they'll sort out a proper bridge for the Starcaster by then.

They're also speculating, based on the photos, that the Starcaster is a shortscale.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I often wonder if the changes things on reissues so the can't be mistaken as originals. The original Starcaster bridge seemed fine and the stoptail bridge would add additional weight that would make the Starcaster really uncomfortable to play.

Starcasters have a slab of wood running down the middle like a 335. I held one at the last guitar show I went to and it was quite heavy for a hollowbody guitar. A lot heavier than my Coronado II. The weight might be a reason they were not very popular back in the day.

How does creating a reissue guitar affect the value of the original guitars?

Starcasters and Coronados are pretty rare guitars. On one hand, cheaper reissues might drop the value of originals because people won't pay crazy prices for them. On the other hand, if the reissues become popular, it could drive up the prices of the originals as more people want the vintage models.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Chris Fleming

Post by Chris Fleming »

My mate Scott from Frightened Rabbit says they're made in China and are way heavier than the originals but sound fairly like them. Wasn't told any prices or colours
BoringPostcards

Chris Fleming wrote:My mate Scott from Frightened Rabbit says they're made in China and are way heavier than the originals but sound fairly like them. Wasn't told any prices or colours
shit. starcasters are heavy enough as it is. I'm not sure about a coronado, having never held one.
DanHeron

Post by DanHeron »

Chris Fleming wrote:My mate Scott from Frightened Rabbit says they're made in China and are way heavier than the originals but sound fairly like them. Wasn't told any prices or colours
Hmmm. Was the Coronado still fully hollow?
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Coronado IIs are not heavy. Probably my lightest guitar. They need to lighten up the Starcaster not make it heavier. Otherwise they will only be good for stealing the necks off for other projects.
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Chris Fleming

Post by Chris Fleming »

ZenJenga wrote:
shit. starcasters are heavy enough as it is. I'm not sure about a coronado, having never held one.
Think it was the Coronado he was referring to. The question I sent was referring to them anyhoo
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

If the question was in regards to the Coronado, you could add a little weight to it and it would still be fine.
BoringPostcards

Chris Fleming wrote:
ZenJenga wrote:
Think it was the Coronado he was referring to. The question I sent was referring to them anyhoo
good stuff. I hope they're priced like the other MIC guitars. I wonder if these are going into the modern player category? Probably not.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

Do not want modern player. Would it be too much to ask for them to make a straight reissue with 7.25 radius? I bet the Coronados come in really boring natural colours too, rather than the ones people actually like. And I still haven't forgiven Fender for that pawn shop bass VI atrocity.

Still, genuinely never thought I'd see the day they reissued these.
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

(Pretty horrific) video of Starcaster Bass:

[youtube][/youtube]
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.