Starcaster Reissue, Coronado Reissue, and bass versions!

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

I think visually I prefer the new Starcaster and the old Coronado. There isn't a whole lot in either though and I'm glad they're re-issuing both.
Shabba.
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

Nah, I'll stick with my Riviera... the Starcaster looks weird with the stop bar don't like it at all, and the Coronados look chubby...
XY
DanHeron

Post by DanHeron »

Damnnn that coronado in black looks great. I would still want an original one if I got it though, that's always the problem with reissues.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

What a missed opportunity on the starcaster. Why change the body shape so much?

Coronado.....I dunno, I'd have to play it. I may like it.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

dezb1 wrote:The Starcaster looks weird with the stop bar don't like it at all, and the Coronados look chubby...
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

I think the Starcaster looks way better with the TOM setup. If the vintage one had that and they RI'd it with a Strat bridge everyone would be saying 'for fuck's sake Fender, stop doing that'.

I'm not so sure about the neck/body join being in a different place but can't tell which makes more sense. I've only played on Starcaster and I don't remember it feeling awkward for that. It's a fairly wonky looking design anyway so both positionings look in keeping with the rest of it but I would think somewhere in the middle of the two would look the most suitable.
Shabba.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

HOORRAY black starcaster!
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

James wrote:I think the Starcaster looks way better with the TOM setup. If the vintage one had that and they RI'd it with a Strat bridge everyone would be saying 'for fuck's sake Fender, stop doing that'.
Yeah it's nice if you are a Gibson fan. But this is Fender. They could of used a jag trem if they wanted to be different.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

^makes absolutely zero sense. The Starcaster was always aimed at Gibson fans, and the Jag trem would be even more a departure/completely arbitrary.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

paul_ wrote:^makes absolutely zero sense. The Starcaster was always aimed at Gibson fans, and the Jag trem would be even more a departure/completely arbitrary.
Yeah but they didn't have a stop bar then. Why now? They don't need to compete with gibson now. A jag trem would of been the best option. If you don't wanna use it then just lock it. Fenders design team is retarded.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Whatever happened to true reissues? They have to modify everything. The only thing that really wasn't great about the originals was the three bolt neck.
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

I see someone trying to justify that they're spending a lot more building one than the new ones cost.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I think the stop tail and TOM are cheaper to install and setup which is why they changed it.

I am not sure why Fender doesn't do an exact reissue. The AVRI versions of Strats, Jazzmaster, Jaguars etcs. are very popular.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

taylornutt wrote:I am not sure why Fender doesn't do an exact reissue. The AVRI versions of Strats, Jazzmaster, Jaguars etcs. are very popular.
Who's to say they won't? This might just be them testing the waters.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

mkt3000 wrote:
taylornutt wrote:I am not sure why Fender doesn't do an exact reissue. The AVRI versions of Strats, Jazzmaster, Jaguars etcs. are very popular.
Who's to say they won't? This might just be them testing the waters.
I would hope so.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

mkt3000 wrote:I see someone trying to justify that they're spending a lot more building one than the new ones cost.
Nope. It will actually be cheaper or around the same price as one of these reissues and better. Plus the new ones look like trash compared to the old ones.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

taylornutt wrote: I am not sure why Fender doesn't do an exact reissue. The AVRI versions of Strats, Jazzmaster, Jaguars etcs. are very popular.
dub

Post by dub »

James wrote:It's a fairly wonky looking design anyway so both positionings look in keeping with the rest of it but I would think somewhere in the middle of the two would look the most suitable.
Yeah, looking at them both side by side, they look equally wack. I love the black one though.
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

Punkacc9 wrote:Plus the new ones look like trash compared to the old ones.
That is completely ridiculous. They're not that much different and certainly not enough to make one look great and one like trash.
twitter.com/skcwillie

follow me . . . . you won't
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

SKC Willie wrote:
Punkacc9 wrote:Plus the new ones look like trash compared to the old ones.
That is completely ridiculous. They're not that much different and certainly not enough to make one look great and one like trash.
Bleh. It looks dumb the way they moved the neck in to the body more. The pickups might as well just be dead in the middle of the body lmao.