Coolest melody maker ever?

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

finboy

Coolest melody maker ever?

Post by finboy »

paul_

Post by paul_ »

I like it except for the WRHBs

[youtube][/youtube]
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
speedfish

Post by speedfish »

Is that yours?
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
cur

Post by cur »

No: this.

mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

paul_ wrote:I like it except for the WRHBs
If the price doesn't go up much, this might be a good way to score some original WRHB's.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

cur wrote:No: this.
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

How did that neck never get broken?!? (And I don't mean Joan, neither).
Yell Like Hell
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

mkt3000 wrote:If the price doesn't go up much, this might be a good way to score some original WRHB's.
That is a very good point. Hmmm...
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

benecol wrote:
mkt3000 wrote:If the price doesn't go up much, this might be a good way to score some original WRHB's.
Buy for $600ish, put whatever pickups you have lying around on it, cut a new pickguard, then sell it for whatever it sells for.

Lets say you pay $750 for this with shipping. You put on parts you have lying around (price = $0, since most of us have stock pickups from other guitars lying around somewhere), cut a pickguard yourself (price = $0 using what you have at home). You should still be able to get $500 for it used... and voila, you just got original WRHB's for $250.
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
Doug

Whoah, Nelly...

Post by Doug »

mkt3000 wrote:
benecol wrote:
Buy for $600ish, put whatever pickups you have lying around on it, cut a new pickguard, then sell it for whatever it sells for.

Lets say you pay $750 for this with shipping. You put on parts you have lying around (price = $0, since most of us have stock pickups from other guitars lying around somewhere), cut a pickguard yourself (price = $0 using what you have at home). You should still be able to get $500 for it used... and voila, you just got original WRHB's for $250.
Wait. Unless this guitar has had parts replaced, pups, whatever, please do not molest it. :( I'm no expert but, if all original, it's priceless as-is. I'm certain Joan would agree. Perhaps violently.
Doug
cur

Re: Whoah, Nelly...

Post by cur »

Doug wrote:Wait. Unless this guitar has had parts replaced, pups, whatever, please do not molest it. :( I'm no expert but, if all original, it's priceless as-is. I'm certain Joan would agree. Perhaps violently.
A vintage 1960's Gibson Melody Maker SG body style 12 string guitar. The original pickups are gone and someone added two 1970's Fender Humbucker pickups.

Doug

Molest it, Nelly...

Post by Doug »

cur wrote:
Doug wrote:Wait. Unless this guitar has had parts replaced, pups, whatever, please do not molest it. :( I'm no expert but, if all original, it's priceless as-is. I'm certain Joan would agree. Perhaps violently.
A vintage 1960's Gibson Melody Maker SG body style 12 string guitar. The original pickups are gone and someone added two 1970's Fender Humbucker pickups.
Molest the shit out of it, Nelly!
Doug
markarkark

Post by markarkark »

This thing is begging for some Byrds.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

DGNR8 wrote:How did that neck never get broken?!? (And I don't mean Joan, neither).
This is the first thing I thought. But we don't see the headstock meet the neck in the auction pics, do we?
Addam

Post by Addam »

I know the EDS1275 have 3 piece laminated necks, I assume, to reduce the likelihood of headstock snapping.
Looking at the 7th picture, the neck is a much paler wood than the body. Don't know what kind of wood it is (maybe maple?) though it doesn't look 3 piece.